PDA

View Full Version : Bonding in Canada

alapt
1st Apr 2001, 21:28
Can any one explain the "Bonding" experience in Canada?

m&v
2nd Apr 2001, 03:12
Skyservice requires one to sign a 3year bond to cover 320 training.I'm not sure about the other's Canada3000. etc

offshoreigor
2nd Apr 2001, 22:35
alapt:

Bonding is illegal in Canada. Any company requiring a 'Training Bond' is in violation of the Canada Labour Code unless they will guarantee an employment period equal to the period of the bond, ie. 3 year bond = 3 years guaranteed employment.

Generally, training bonds without a reciprocal employment period are considered to be a 'Slave Cantract' and are therefore not worth the paper they are written on.

For more advice you may want to contact FlyingLawer on the Roterheads thread.

Cheers, OffshoreIgor http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

[This message has been edited by offshoreigor (edited 02 April 2001).]

[This message has been edited by offshoreigor (edited 02 April 2001).]

pigboat
6th Apr 2001, 01:17
Alapt, check your e-mail.

egt
8th Apr 2001, 13:07
I have a bond and am doing a little digging before I jump at the 'chance' to pay them. I put a thread on 'rotorheads' but it got some negative feedback. All i would like is a little legal advice, lettimg me know if I should spend the cash on a laywer, (they're the only one's that win) or just pony up the cash for the bond.
Are these bonds a legal, binding contract?
Must we pay or should we collectively make a stand to get rid of this further abuse of the pilot group in Canada?
Where's ALPA when u need them, hey there's an idea........................

egt

Scud Runner
11th Apr 2001, 23:34
Igor:

If bonding is illegal in Canada as you say, then please explain to me how both Canada 3000 and Skyservice have successfully defended against legal challenges to their training contracts?

Scud http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

[This message has been edited by Scud Runner (edited 11 April 2001).]

drop bags bar
12th Apr 2001, 02:00
Bonds or pay for training you choose. It's one or the other my vote is for the bond.

alapt
12th Apr 2001, 23:57
Hey Scud runner, has C3 actually won a court case? What grounds were used to defend their training expenses?? I thought the expenses of flight training were the burden of the student or future pilot and that the expenses of keeping an airline trained belonged to the airlines?
Things will never cease to amaze me.
Good luck to all