PDA

View Full Version : Mode S installation - possibly Trig TT31

IFollowRailways
13th Feb 2008, 13:47
OK - I surrender!

I am thinking about biting the bullet and fitting a Mode S......

I have been trawling through the specs etc of the various boxes and the one that attracts me is the Trig TT31. http://www.trig-avionics.com/library/tt31brochure.pdf

It appears to be a direct swap for a King KT-76a and it also has an EASA Minor Mod approval for my aircraft (no fees?)

Does anyone have any experience of this box or an alternative suggestion?

FullyFlapped
14th Feb 2008, 09:37
Actually, there's a bloke in my village who can tell you if it's working - he has all the requisite kit and sits all day monitoring traffic movements through our locale.

Never fails to amaze me how people "get involved" in aviation. This guy has never been in a light aeroplane in his life, but can bang on for hours about a seemingly non-ending list of GA-related subjects.

And yet he turned as white as a sheet when I offered him a flight, just didn't want to know ...mind you, I suppose he might have seen one of my landings ! :eek:;)

Sorry to hijack the thread !

Heliplane
14th Feb 2008, 10:35
I'm looking for a Mode S replacement for my KT76a as well. The Trig looks appealing as a plug and play unit but having never heard of them, I'd be very interested in any experiences anyone has had.

The King replacement costs £2.5k whereas the Trig is £1.5k - doesn't seem worth it.

The other option seems to be to go for a nice looking Garmin unit but that would involve a change in the tray - not sure how difficult that would be...

Yankee
18th Feb 2008, 09:29
If when making enquiries to your avionics shop about fitting one of these they say they need to apply for a EASA minor mod as your model aircraft is not covered by the present listing on the TRIG web site, don’t be put off or pay for them to apply for one. We are looking at fitting one in our AA5B Tiger, but the list at present only covers the AA5. Trig assures me that they have an extended list of aircraft minor mod applications being dealt with at this time and their web page will be updated soon.