PDA

View Full Version : CX Cadet Final Interview

pilota
13th Feb 2008, 06:07
Hi all, I have just passed 2nd stage interview for CX Cadet Pilot Programme, heading to medical check and ICAO English test soon.

Anyone know what to be expected in the final management interview before flight grading?

Thanks !

lawyerinthesky
20th Feb 2008, 14:30
Hey mate,

First of all, congrats on making it to the third round. I did my second round not long ago and am waiting for a reply. The wait is unbearable!

Regarding your question, i believe the third round, as the name suggests, is an interview with high level management but I have also heard that pilots sit in on it too. It's either more personal stuff from management, abit of technical from pilots or maybe abit of both. I've also been told it's more a formality than anything and the biggie was passing the 2nd round. Hope that helps!

By the way, what's your background? any licenses or hours? and when did you do your second round and how long did it take for them to get back to you regarding the pass or medical?

furbonator
20th Feb 2008, 23:12
It is almost just a formality, but not quite.

You will get invited to chat with 2 or more senoir pilots (training manager, fleet manager, C&T Cpt etc) in a private but relaxed atmosphere. The purpose of doing this is to let them decide if you are the type of person that will fit the CX environment and the type of person they can spend 10 hours in the close confine of a cockpit. They may of course choose to test your knowledge a bit further and get really personal, within limits:), on some question. Sort of like a last chance for them to weed out applicants they deem not suitable.

Hope that helps. Good luck

MidgetBoy
21st Feb 2008, 01:25
If you fail that last part, are you ever allowed to apply again? I heard for SQ's CPP, there are specific stages that if you fail you can't ever apply again.

forever_beachboy
21st Feb 2008, 06:06
Congrad man!!!!!

Well rite now Im waiting for the call for 2nd stage, since u've already got it done, could you please kindly share with us how you did it?! Thanks and all the best.