vintage ATCO
12th Feb 2008, 19:00
Yes, alas.

robin
12th Feb 2008, 19:23
Any ideas as to why?????

vintage ATCO
12th Feb 2008, 20:10
They have had two bad years because of weather. The anticipated sponsorship for this year did not materialise I believe.

Dan Dare
13th Feb 2008, 09:54
Gutted!

First we lose the PFA Rally, now the best remaining annual event can't cope with the costs of the hurdles put in their way by our litigeous society. I suppose we have ourselves to blame for allowing the beaurocrats to win and take over our world. Anyone know how much they were short of and whether a larger collection tin could help it continue to go ahead?

Are there any events left where I can meet fellow short-strippers from accross the country (and Europe) every year? The mini LAA events really do not fit that bill. Air Britain perhaps?

Still gutted:{

G-APDK
13th Feb 2008, 12:13
Dan
Happy to accommodate as many as we can at the Air-Britain event, we are not prejudiced by aircraft type or aviator! Friday arrivals especially welcomed (when no PPR required!) as it allows more space for others to arrive on the saturday & sunday.

Expressions of interest in attending have already been recieved from French and German aircraft owners.

This year we are supporting the Marie Curie Cancer Care charity, who like Air-Britain, are 60 years old this year.

see www.airbritainflyin.co.uk for details

Phil
A-B Fly-In director

Weekend Flyer
13th Feb 2008, 12:39
That URL doesn't work for me - try this one:
http://www.air-britainflyin.co.uk/