PDA

View Full Version : NPPL Reval: I've Really Tried!

charliegolf
12th Feb 2008, 13:18
Dear All

I promise I'm not being idle; and that I've read all the recent stuff I can find. I need some help.....

I have:

NPPL with SSEA and Microlight ratings.
Both lapsed for a while due to the rolling currency rules.
SSEA revalidated late Aug 07 by test, and am still current.
Microlight still lapsed.

I want to take advantage of the new rules re: currency (which I understand), but don't know how to get there.

Can I:

Revalidate my Microlight rating via training and Test; and start the new system from there?

I ask this because the bumph all seems to refer to my 'next' revalidation. However, if I can't get off the 'rolling road' I'm on, how will I ever need to revalidate, other than via the Micro rating.

Any views?

Thanks

Confused of South Wales.

xrayalpha
12th Feb 2008, 13:39
Hi,

It is simple, really!

You don't have an NPPL with SSEA and Microlight ratings.

You do have an NPPL with a SSEA rating and a lapsed microlight rating.

So, since you can only revalidate a current rating through a Certificate of Experience and flight with an instructor, then you'll need to revalidate your Microlight one with an examiner.

Once revalidated, to keep your NPPL you will have to do one hour minimum P1 in each class you have a rating for (ie Microlight and SSEA), plus the 6 in 12 and the 12 in 24 and one hour with an instructor.

Of course, if successful, your Microlight reval will then be that hour if it lasts at least 60 minutes!

So in that sense, it won't cost you much - just the difference between the instructor's and the exminer's rate.

Very best,

XA

charliegolf
12th Feb 2008, 16:46
XA

Thanks for the easy to read answer. I wasn't too far out.

Microlight top-up it is then.

Cheers,

CG

Whopity
12th Feb 2008, 16:59
Of course, if successful, your Microlight reval will then be that hour if it lasts at least 60 minutes!

The new NPPL revalidation requirements require 1 hours Dual total, not a single flight of 1 hour like the JAA requirement. So it can be made up of more than one dual flights on any combination of the ratings held.

xrayalpha
13th Feb 2008, 07:33
Of course, Whopity.

Interesting point: It is possible to get the whole NPPL microlights without doing any dual flying - and that includes the GST!

But you have to do one hour dual in order to keep your licence!!

No wonder the whole thing is now being investigated by the Better Regulation Executive.

Very best,

XA

BristolScout
13th Feb 2008, 10:10
Small point, I know, but technically a revalidation is when you do the business with an unlapsed rating. Once it has lapsed, you are doing a renewal.