PDA

View Full Version : underwriting information

underwriter
11th Feb 2008, 09:35
Dear Pilots,
I underwrite an Aviation related Personal Accident book of business.
I am updating my risk assesment information. Therefore, could someone please advise:
the expected number of hours a pilot would fly a year if they were a) an international pliot b) regional pilot
the expected utilisation for commercial aircraft on an international and regional basis.
Any other information you deem relevant would be gratefully recieved.
Many thanks
Underwriter

Atlas Shrugged
12th Feb 2008, 04:38
A word of caution; don't rely on a public forum on the internet for any meaningful data.

Perhaps a more appropriate way to go is the statistical information which is readily available to the industry, or any one for that matter. Try the various Bureau of Statistics for each country, insurance bodies/councils (such as the ICA and APRA in Australia, etc) who keep industry specific statistics.

AM Best Company (with whom I am sure you are familiar but just in case: http://www3.ambest.com/buglcem/default.asp) is the best for this type of information and it is produced specifically for the insurance industry. You may need to subscribe to their service.

Lloyds has information available to coverholders and managing agents via their website, (Crystal I think) but access is generally restricted.

underwriter
13th Feb 2008, 11:17
Thanks Atlas,
Crystal only gives rules and Reg's on a per country basis for business written in those countries by Lloyd's Underwriters.
Agree that internet info' could be iffy but hoped some pliots would give me soem ball park figures.
Underwriter