PDA

View Full Version : Netherthorpe to Kinloss - route tips?

good finish
10th Feb 2008, 19:33
Hi Folks
I am planning the above in late April.
Will be flying a TMG with 100kts cruise and 4 hr endurance
Any advice on best route etc
many thanks

Shunter
10th Feb 2008, 20:34
If late April and you've got an IMC rating (or the weather is fantastic), I'd draw a straight line on the map and follow it.

Nip through Newcastle and Edinburgh, and stay as high as possible over the highlands. If it's not so great, head round the coast via Aberdeen; direct track has 4000' peaks not so far off.

If you need fuel en route, there's always Fife, Perth and Dundee to choose from just north of Edinburgh.

10th Feb 2008, 20:39
With time to spare and for the most scenic route:

Follow the coast up with a single stop at Glenrothes (Fife). Great views and easy to transit Newcastle, Edinburgh and Aberdeen airspace.

Return via the Great Glen over Ben Nevis down west of Glasgow to Carlisle. Final route over the Lakes down between Manchester and LBA.

Hope the weather holds for you.

fisbangwollop
10th Feb 2008, 20:55
I am Scottish info on 119.875. Would suggest newcastle then follow the coast to SAB crossing the Forth at North Berwick, if weather good route Perth then over the Cairngorms to QK, if the weather over the hills dodgy would suggest after North Berwick follow the coast via Aberdeen and round the Moray coast to QK.If you speak to Newcastle 124.375 they will pass yoiu on to myself at Scottish 119.875 and we will check the weather ahead for you so as you can make the right decisions.....that's what we are here for so give us a call.....have a great flight.

good finish
15th Feb 2008, 11:11
thank you for your responses