PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand and Australia

goblin airways
10th Feb 2008, 19:32
Just a quick query, was wondering if anyone knew what the score was with jobs in Australia and NZ. Did hear a while back that there was a shortage in NZ, but not sure if it was just rumours and so forth?

(Yeah I know i mentioned Ireland in a previous post, but hey, its a big world and all that :) )

Kiwikid
11th Feb 2008, 01:28
Whilst there are no "current vacancies" advertised on the Airways website http://www.airways.co.nz/careers/ex_atc.asp there is a certain lack of "good bums on seats" so if you are interested certainly send in your CV. Just remember if you want to work in NZ "you are here for the lifestyle and not the pay", according to HR anyway :}

Petit Pompier
11th Feb 2008, 16:40
G A

NZ is always short of ATCOs.

Last I heard they were about to start training 5 from overseas, plus another 8 on the way. There still seems to be a low pass rate from the home grown product, so the supply never keeps up with the demand.

Resignations seem to be a monthly, if not a weekly occurrance.

Register your interest via the Airways website, although don't hold your breath. Check out other threads on Airways NZ - "What's Happening at ..." and ".... Worst HR in the World".

undervaluedATC
11th Feb 2008, 22:22
Oz is short too.

go look at the Downunder forum section and the thread on AsA staffing levels.

on second thought, don't - It would probably discourage you from applying to the organisation.

roomer
13th Feb 2008, 19:36
undervalued ATC,
could you give me a hint who to contact within AsA, to get details if you guys are employing or not?
I talked to some Dyonne in Melbourne or Canberra, but she wasn't any help at all.
Would be keen to work in Brisbane enroute.
I've got citizenship and presently work and been trained in Switzerland enroute, one should think there should be a reasonable chance to join you guys...... or not?
Could you pass me a Name of some good bloke ie OPS manager Brisbane, to have a chat or email contact, just to find out how things are?

Thanks mate

DirtyPierre
14th Feb 2008, 07:36
roomer,

Check your pms.

undervaluedATC
15th Feb 2008, 03:33
thanks on my behalf DP.

roomer - I was actually having a day off.