PDA

View Full Version : A320 Sim Training In Canada

airstrike
10th Feb 2008, 12:20
Hi folks,

I am currently an F/O on the A320 in India, would like to know if there is any Sim Training centre in Canada, where I can do my command training for the A320 and would they endorse it as PIC if i have a canadian ATPL?
Many thanx to you folks who can take some time out to answer my query.
thnx.:)

Canuck15
11th Feb 2008, 10:25
every ride that you normally do in canada is considered P1 . I did my type in the states and took the paperwork back to canada and they put the aircraft on my licence . Licence only indicates type of aircraft not P1 or P2 .

paidinhours
11th Feb 2008, 14:48
You could do it in Vancouver with Active Aerospace. Costs about 18K Canadian. They use Air Canada's Sim and have instructors from Air Canada.

On Final
26th Feb 2009, 09:45
Make sure you have everything written down if you do business with Active Aerospace. The owner is a little slippery but you can get your type rating done.

sec 3
26th Feb 2009, 10:10
Yup, no problem. Just do your sim in the left seat, then you're ready to fly as captain. Companies will be beating the door down to aquire your services as a commander. Hell, might as well do your 380 sim ! Why start on the 320 when you can go straight to the 380 and make the big bucks right away ! Money for nothin' and chicks for free :}

extreme P
26th Feb 2009, 17:52
every ride that you normally do in canada is considered P1 . I did my type in the states and took the paperwork back to canada and they put the aircraft on my licence . Licence only indicates type of aircraft not P1 or P2.

Does a Canadian PC Check not designate Captain or FO?

atpcliff
26th Feb 2009, 18:42
Hi!

If he has time on the 320, and then a PIC type, there will be MANY, MANY jobs available, at least as FO. I would pretty much take any of them.

No good types. Too bad for me.

cliff
KGRB

+TSRA
28th Feb 2009, 23:53
The paperwork submitted for the issuance of a PPC/Type Rating in Canada does specify whether the ride was conducted as Captain or First Officer and whether the ride is an initial, recurrent or upgrade.

However, the paperwork trail kinda ends there from the POV of a pilot - as what is endorsed on the licence is simply a/c type (EA32, DH8, etc) - with no indication of what position it was conducted in.

Of course, I dont know if I would want to go sitting in a SIM, doing a ride and then goign off to an operator saying I was gtg for the left seat after doing right seat training - I figure they would find out pretty damned quick. :uhoh:

Left Coaster
1st Mar 2009, 06:14
Even if you DID do a left seat PPC and the licence only says which type...to work for a foreign (not Canadian) carrier, you would have to first aquire an ATPL for the country of your new employer, and unless they are completely dim, that means copies of your latest flight tests, air law exam, logbook, and attestations from the Feds that you hold such and such a licence and type rating... So if you might be planning on showing off that Command type endorsement to grab that big seat, be careful...it's not as easy at you might think. Karma neh?:p