View Full Version : Air Transat advertising for pilots

Luftwaffle
31st Jul 2000, 23:01
Air Transat is *advertising* in the newspaper for pilots.

Too bad I don't have 4000 TT and 1000 hours on turbine over 12,500 lbs.

The ad, in English in an anglo paper, makes no mention of French language skills. Interesting.

Victor B1a
4th Aug 2000, 13:11
Having always enjoyed conversing in french I believe the international lingo is english whilst airborne. I've just been reading some interesting stuff from Canuk about multi-lingo clearances. Not very good look.

------------------

island
6th Aug 2000, 17:09
The pilot contract requires the pilots to be bi-lingual. The company gives you one year to come up to speed. The probation interview is in French.

alapt
8th Aug 2000, 00:09
How much do they offer F/O's with heavy European jet time? I left Canada (YUL) about eight years ago for real money.
has it changed in Canada?

Keep the blue side up http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

island
8th Aug 2000, 17:01
2000.00 per month after taxes.

Rockhound
10th Aug 2000, 18:57
So that's 2000 CAD, i.e. less than 1400 in real money? Guess alapt will be staying put.

Willie Everlearn
12th Aug 2000, 04:00
It seems the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Lots of job opportunities for pilots in Canada, but until Canadian pilots stand up and start refusing to work for 'bulls**t' wages, these monkeys at C3, TS, et al will never anti up.

Look at the 'low cost' West Jet crowd. Price a flight from Toronto to Calgary. Then go check out AC. Same f***in' price.

And these guys continue to hire buttheads to fly A320, B737, B757, A310, L1011, etc., etc., etc., for the same bucks.

Gimme a break. Why doesn't every licenced pilot in Canada (lookin' to fly for one of these outfits) REFUSE the job till these idiots get their s**t together and start paying average wages for crew???

That'll never happen. Cause Canadian pilots by and large haven't a clue of what they're worth.

------------------
Only fools and horses

alapt
12th Aug 2000, 23:31
Two grand Canadian!
What a joke.
My Ex-girl friend made three grand ten years ago, as a secretary! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/redface.gif
How do they live?
$500 apt.
$300 food
$300 car
??? fuel
??? beer
??? tel
??? Elect.
??? ins.
They cannot possibly live with this.
They might survive. MAYBE
What happens when they are fifty?
Two/three kids, house, ex-wife, and yes command on a Transat aircraft making three grand per month! Get real.
Any current employees out there to say the real truth?

Keep the blue side up