PDA

View Full Version : Commander 114 drivers?

whyisitsohard
8th Feb 2008, 17:53
I am flying a 114 as safety pilotwhen not flying my airbus and the poh makes reference to an "energy saver switch" but the rest of the docs do not. Anyone know what it is?
At the moment the battery goes flat but i'm not sure whether it's because I ought to flick this mythical switch or simply a dogdy battery.

David

Spitoon
8th Feb 2008, 18:07
Fuel cock?

whyisitsohard
8th Feb 2008, 18:20
Unlikely. I think it might be sort of master electrics / batt isol switch or possibly even a master shed switch for genny failure, but I just cant find the sucker.

D

Spitoon
8th Feb 2008, 20:43
Sorry. My answer wasn't supposed to be taken seriously - it was just a flippant moment!

Don't know the aircraft myself but your question had me intrigued. A quick search threw up the following text from the 114B-114TC maintenance manualAVIONICS MASTER SWITCH AND ENERGY SAVER SWITCH
The AVIONICS MASTER switch controls the power to the avionics buss. The ENERGY SAVE switch allows the number one ComlNav radio to be individually powered through the main buss. This permits the number one ComlNav radio to be powered without powering the entire avionics buss. Audio from the radio will only be directed only through the speakers and not through the intercom system.
NOTE
Should the main buss fail, the ENERGY SAVER will NOT power the number one ComlNav radio.
On model 114B, SIN 14541 thru 14624, the AVIONICS MASTER and the ENERGY SAVER are two separate switches. On model 114B, SIN 14625 and Subsequent, and model 114TC, SIN 20001 and subsequent, both functions are combined into a single three way switch.
WARNING
To prevent voltage spikes from damaging the installed avionics, both the Avionics Master Switch and the Energy Saver Switch must be off before starting the engine.
Lots more info on the Commander Owners Group (http://www.commander.org/).