View Full Version : Club 328 in trouble????

Pages : 1 [2]

bwbbeingnosey
18th Mar 2009, 20:52
g-cjab did indeed leave sou for oberffafahofen today after being in storage at biggin hill for close to a year
g-cjag owner fell out with exclusive jet charter so took it to manhatten for them to manage it
g-byhm is at biggin hill on maintenance with a new owner

Tugnut
21st Mar 2009, 09:10
Just to be sure on why G-CJAG left Xclusive. Was it a falling out with Xclusive or a prob with a maintenance facility based at Southampton which Xclusive were dealing with? I've heard conflicting stories that may suggest that the management company were not directly to blame?

Tug

OOOHAAAH
21st Mar 2009, 11:16
Ive heard same, owner wanted out and manufacturered an opportunity to get out of a burdensome maintenance contract. Xclusive may have been a casualty?. Be surprised if it flies again in anger under current ownership. might be bought at a snip for those that have cash to spare.

thetruestory
28th Mar 2009, 14:04
The truth behind Club 328. Who are these people spreading lies. Here is the real truth:

David Mills, Robin Southwell and the discgraced HBOS banker Lynden Scourfield (A loan too far from HBOS (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/money/article2925328.ece)) all operated Club 328 through Corporate Jet Services see Manx Herald Isle of Man - HBOS ?Rogue banker? ?scandal? with links to EuroManx resurfaces in Scotland?s press (http://www.manxherald.com/index.php/business/353.html)

The people on this forum are the employees of Club 328 who all benefitted from the HBOS “loans” made by Scourfield. The pilots hardly flew at all, the benefits were great and life was lovely. See the REAL BANK STATEMENT which was the trading current account for Club 328!! Click here Flickr Photo Download: Bank of Scotland CJS_2 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/36882919@N08/3392373348/sizes/l/) or Flickr Photo Download: Bank of Scotland CJS_1 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/36882919@N08/3392373166/sizes/l/) Unbeleivable. These people are as guilty as any of the bankers being vilified in theUK today. Scourfield was then caught by HBOS and fired. Faced with loosing it’s £250,000 GBP gift every month, the company was a folding when PC and three others bought it. My guess, the staff were hoping for another “Scourfield” free ride and didn’t get it. Look at that bank statement again. Click here Flickr Photo Download: Bank of Scotland CJS_1 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/36882919@N08/3392373166/sizes/l/) – it tells the true story. In my opinion, these handful of ex 328 staff and several competitors who still continue to bitch on this forum don’t give you the facts. Bitter ranting from a bitter crowd.

This is all under investigation now with a well known BBC documentary series. Watch out Mills, Scourfield and Co. Those pilots who continue to rumour without foundation – they all look pretty stupid now. As I can see, the only mistake PC made was getting involved with these people at all by being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Don’t mention the fact that Scourfield, Mills and co used the jet fleet as personal transport for over 100 flights between 2003 and 2007 which accounted for almost 20% of all the flying done ! Look carefully at this thread. See how it compares to all the other airlines who folded in the past year. PC came in at the end of a reign ******, and now they want him to take the fall. Just ask where that yacht is now. You will be pleased to hear that Mills, Southwell and EY are all still sitting on the back deck of the yacht POWDER MONKEY in the South of France laughing at the HBOS shareholders. THAT’S THE REAL TRUTH. Most of you writing here about things you don’t know just having difficult time, while the real ***** are sitting on the yacht and enjoying their life as you did before.

The real scandal is that the people who benefitted from this are our pilot colleagues on this forum. It makes me sick.

FlyingGasMain
29th Mar 2009, 10:19
Yes, I am sorry, what on earth was I thinking of, criticising Mr Crowther like that ? He was only trying his hardest. The poor lamb, getting taken in by those nasty Club 328 people.

Tugnut
30th Mar 2009, 12:14
"The real scandal is that the people who benefitted from this are our pilot colleagues on this forum. It makes me sick."

I cant believe how blind i've been! I obviously benifitted from not being payed for 2 months and struggling to live while the promise of being payed never materialised!!! All this time i've been in the dark. Thanks for helping me see the light. How silly we've all been thinking crowther was to blame!

I'd like to therefore appoligise for thinking nasty thoughts about the man/company whoever, that nearly caused me to lose my house!!

Thanks Paul ;)

Tequilaboy
2nd Apr 2009, 17:32
.... Well worth noting that those bank statements were for Corporate Jet Services as a parent which had:

- Club 328
- JETS
- Euromanx
- 328 Support Services
- Purchased assets of AvCraft (of which Ben Bartell was imprisoned for)

to name but a few under that umbrella.

Also remember that the company has had at least 5 life cycles:

- Ourjet
- Bookajet
- Club 328 - Seymour Era
- Club328 - Farge Era
- Club328 - Young Era

I am sure Mills and Southwell knew exactly what they were doing in all of this but to say that private flights took up so much of total flying is absolute crap.

A lot of people, certainly during the Seymour era worked 24/7 to turn things around after the Bookajet De-Merger and were seeing the fruits of success chipping in to that now published bank statement deficit which was at around 27m at that point but some frankly unbelievable and naiive decisions from both Farge/Seymour sadly put the brakes on that and all of a sudden the company was worse than ever and that trend seemed to carry forward under that same backward momentum judging by those financials.

I am a little rushed but will add to this post at a later date as I still have work to do as opposing to going down memory lane!

Shiner Pilot
7th Apr 2009, 08:42
If I remember correctly we were called "CallJets" right at the start whilst in C Shed at Farnborough...
I remember some of the "Commercial decisions" being made and they were just so wrong.

A BBC Doc how wonderful - When is it due out?

How exciting...

cazysback01
14th Apr 2009, 09:44
:DMr Crowther , lovely man - so gentle wouldnt hurt a fly. He would just swat it flat. Who wants to be a fly on his wall?????:=

Shiner Pilot
21st Apr 2009, 18:14
Any date on when the BBC are going to show this doc about club 328?

Or how would one find out?

Cheers

Shiner

paulzenith
24th May 2009, 16:28
The BBC Programme is 'File On Four' radio 4, Tuesday 26 may at 8.00pm. and is repeated next Sunday at 5.00pm, although I imagine it will be available on the BBC website at any time after Tuesday. The story will also be broadcast across the BBC news channels on TV and radio on the same day.

Anyone who feels they have lost out because of the CJS, Club 328 or Euromanx debacles, may also like to know their is a Debate in the House Of Commons on the 2nd June (Tuesday week) specifically on the subject of the Reading Branch of Bank of Scotland and its treatment of small businesses - very relevant to several aviation companies. If you have been directly affected and want to support this debate, you should get your MP to contact James Paice who propossed it.

I cannot say what the BBC programme is actually about because I don't know the details and the BBC have been very protective of letting any thing slip out prior to broadcast. However, I do know they have been researching for 14 weeks and one of the Companies they have looked at in depth is CJS - the parent Company of Club 328, Euromanx, J.E.T.S . It's also the Company that lost BoS millions of pounds.

TSandPSintheGREEN
31st May 2009, 19:41
Well, just listened to that this afternoon. Really just targeting the excesses of lending by the Reading branch of HBOS, nothing about Club 328, nothing about Planechartering, and nothing about Crowther, - all a different bunch of crooks. I wouldn'tmind betting where the $100M yacht came from though!!!

Speedyflyer
17th Jul 2009, 14:38
Actually, Crowther helped in the making of the program as I heard it. The facts, not the rumours, tell the real story. Crowther bought the Club 328 company in it's last death throws. Loosing 200K a month with pilots that didnt fly and management that didnt work or know what was going on! The only crtiscim Crowther should accept is that if you play with fire, you may get burned. He gambled on buying the company for it's AoC and clearly didnt know what he was getting into. He, and everyone else lost a fortune.

In the absence of anyone else, he makes a pretty good scapegoat though!

As you say, I the investigation is continuing. Crowther is

Spanner748
19th May 2013, 16:22
What's approximately Honeywell Gold Program costs for 328 JET engines and Honewywell Primus 2000 for this same engine? I presume it goes by pay per hour basis?