PDA

View Full Version : Raz Al Khaimah ( OMRK )

Jabberwokky
7th Feb 2008, 19:00
About to take the plunge and accept a posistion at OMRK, anybody out there able to offer advice on moving from UK ( goods and chattles ), bank accounts and tranfers to wherever etc, what the accomodation in the apartment block is like etc etc.

OMRK
8th Feb 2008, 08:08
Not from UK myself, so can give no advice on the moving from there part, but if you go to the Middle East forum there is plenty of old posts there you can look up (although most of them are related to Dubai it should be the same for moving to Ras Al Khaimah.)

Banking is ok here, I believe most of us are costumers with HSBC, you can transfer money anywhere you like (charge is 70 dirhams I believe), and money arrives at destination within 3 days normally.

Appartment block is one of the older ones in town, so it is a bit worn down, some likes it, some doesn't. It is located in town centre (if you can call it that), 3 minutes drive from the beach, 3 minutes from booze shop, 5 minutes from golf club and 20 minutes from the airport.
All appartments are 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, living room, kitchen and balcony. Total living area is at a guess 120-150 square meters, most of Sercos appartments on 7-9th floor.
If you get an appartment facing north you will be overlooking the police training grounds and helipad, and some of the people living on that side of the building complains about noice from the training, starting at around 5 in the morning going on untill late evening.

Any other questions feel free to reply here or PM me.

pocpicadoor
8th Feb 2008, 12:45
If you are Garth, I am from Darwin Daze: circa CollopyJnr & Nokes! I have worked (loosely worded!) in RAK.

PM me: I won't reply until late next week as away to SW WA!

If you are not that Jabber: still e-mail me! Fear not, RAK's good!

The POC

Scooby Don't
9th Feb 2008, 20:39
Jabberwocky - check your PMs and please let me know the answer to the 6 million dirham question!!!

Jabberwokky
10th Feb 2008, 15:49
Thanks for that - as soon as I get a phone call saying yes I shall be on my way.

Bol Zup
10th Feb 2008, 21:30
Can I have your car? Seriously, what's up with LPL sorry I mean MME? Except for....................