PDA

View Full Version : NATS college start dates

watch_the_birdie
6th Feb 2008, 16:29
Right, I was originally told at my stage 3 (and medical) that I was down for starting in June 08. Then I got a phone call last month basically begging for me to start in April 08, so I said yes. And now I've been told that due to some circumstances, I'm now starting in July 08.

Is this the way of NATS having "on the bus, off the bus" situations, or is it just an unlucky time!? :bored:

I (may!) see some of you in July. Who knows...

simfly
6th Feb 2008, 16:49
Don't assume you're starting on any date, until you arrive at the college and NOT told to go home again... Just the way it's been for a while now unfortunately. It'll be worth it in the end though:ok:

smellysnelly2004
6th Feb 2008, 17:38
Birdie,

The nature of the college is that things can change very quickly and at any time. Courses get revamped and numbers jigged about - sadly all you can do is expect the unexpected and get on with it.
:ok::ok:

gc4atco
6th Feb 2008, 19:33
Same for me as well. Had originally assumed one of the later courses, but then got asked to join the April course which kicked in the rush to get medicals etc completed. Then got a call on Monday saying that its June for me now. Oh well, it will be worth it in the end... :ok:

Stuw1986
7th Feb 2008, 20:25
Hi

Im suppose be starting at the college in April. I phoned last week to see if there was any progress and they said they are splitting the april course into 2. One for area and one for areodrome. I was then asked which id prefer and they would put me in for that.

I was told one is due to start at the start of April (first week) and the other to start at the end of April/early May.

Cheers
Stu

NeoDude
7th Feb 2008, 20:39
I was told the second week in April for Aerodrome. But it wasn't definate.

Nokio
7th Feb 2008, 21:00
Hello. Ive been told 4th of April is the official start date, I'm on Area.
Dont suppose anyone one Aerodrome wants to swap do they?
Pretty please?

Nokio
7th Feb 2008, 23:33
Sorry, bit unorthodox I know, just thought I'd put it out there.:O

Quincy M.E.
9th Feb 2008, 16:46
I was then asked which id prefer and they would put me in for that.

They just let you pick?! That is jammy! We all had to put our names into the lottery.

Stuw1986
10th Feb 2008, 20:53
I just phoned up and asked if there was any further developments on dates as i hadn't heard anything for a few weeks. Just good timing i suppose.

Stu