PDA

View Full Version : help with ATPL's

shiver
6th Feb 2008, 10:28
What is the difference between gross take-off distance and net take-off distance?
this question came up at the end of the chapter and i cant find the answer anywere in the book.:ugh:

Pugilistic Animus
6th Feb 2008, 16:00
honestly I've never heard those terms before---- only the net and gross flight paths, in terms of the OEI TO segments [second segment performance most difficult to meet/most critical]

Pugilistic Animus
6th Feb 2008, 17:13
I looked it up in my regs FAR 135, 135.379 [large turbine transport category aircraft: TO limitations for an operator of a FAR 25 aircraft certificated under SR422A/B---

---135.379 [g] states that for the purposes of that section TOD, TOR, and net TO flight path have the same meaning--- I think these matters are relatively universal

RYR-738-JOCKEY
6th Feb 2008, 17:14
I believe the gross is what is tabulated on the plate. And net would be what you actually have after line-up, i.e. after you've substracted the line-up allowance. That will depend on a 180 to line-up or just a 90 degree turn, and stop-case or go case. It's just a matter of a few meters, but it makes a difference if you're field restricted.
Good luck.

diegolis
6th Feb 2008, 17:46
The Oxford ATPL stuff for mass and balance and performance says that performance-wise speaking, a net value is always a restriction over a gross value imposed by an authority. The questions about this subject is allways of the type: the net value of 'whatever' is higher, lower or equal than the gross value?. Bearing in mind that a more restrictive value does not allways mean a lower value.

Happy contrails.