PDA

View Full Version : Lille as temporary base

A and C
6th Feb 2008, 10:04
I may have to work in Lille over the summer an wonder if any of you have any information about hangarage in the area for my aircraft (DR400).

I would prefer to base at LFQQ but I think that there is a grass airfield to the north that might work for me.

If any of you know anythng about avalabity and costs I would be greatful of any advice.

Fuji Abound
6th Feb 2008, 11:04
Are you thinking of Merville?

I have never been there but meant to on a number of occasions.

Every time I fly over, there seems to be plenty of GA activity in the area and I see there are some town houses for rent and to buy very close by.

I always park on the GA apron at Lille. Strangley, come to think, I have never noticed much else in the way of GA - maybe it is parked elsewhere.

Lille is a pain getting into and out of until you realise there is a seperate gate for the GA apron, although that doesnt avoid the security or usual x-ray checks.

stray10level
6th Feb 2008, 11:48
LFQO?
The field is less than six km north of the centre of Lille. Looking at Google earth it would seem to be a DZ called Lille Bondues. I usually find DZ's quite welcoming. If you look on google earth you can actually see two parachutes touching down and one plane taxiing in! Two 850m runways that look to be in very good condition.
If you are a smoker it may be worth basing at Kortrijk, its only 20 minutes away and the cigg's are a lot cheaper than France. Also Bernard is a very good engineer. He services the jump plane from Chatteris as far as i know!