PDA

View Full Version : The AirCrew Association Needs You!

ACA Secretary
5th Feb 2008, 21:05
Dear All,

Did you fly the a V-Bomber or a Shack? Did you survive an outbreak of Scurvey on the Belfast?

Do you miss the crew room? Has your partner/wife/girl or boy friend banned all pictures of anything with wings from the house?

Please read on......

The Aircrew Association (ACA) exists to foster comradeship amongst those who having been awarded an official flying badge, have qualified to operate military aircraft and are serving or have served as military aircrew in the armed services of those nations allied to the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth. The Aircrew Association provides the structure, facilities and conditions whereby members can promote comradeship and enjoy social, intellectual and sporting activities. Members keep in touch through Branch Meetings, through the Association quarterly magazine INTERCOM and via the website at www.aircrew.org.uk (http://www.aircrew.org.uk)

At present we have approximately 6,000 members ranging from WW2 Veterans to currently serving aircrew. We can provide a range of services from social to Welfare through the AirCrew Association Charitable Fund, and have an extensive database of our members to help you get in touch with your old mates. At the very least you can spin a yarn about aircraft and have a beer without having to type anything!

There is a network of branches nationwide, so chances are there will be one near you. A complete list of branches is on the website, along with an e-mail contact for each branch.

If you have any other questions, please PM me or email me at: [email protected] ([email protected]).

:ok:Mods - thanks very much! :ok:

minigundiplomat
6th Feb 2008, 17:13
My view is that the best way to boost recruitment into such an important organisation is for closer liaison between those out, and those in. I have emailed the Secretary with an offer to visit the Sqn, membership forms in hand. perhaps those on other Sqn's could do likewise, if not already doing so?

I think this may be a case of 'use it or lose it'.

caped crusader
6th Feb 2008, 18:45
Popped along to my local branch and was made very welcome. Great bunch of chaps ranging from WWII bomber crew to V-Force. Full of respect for the WWII chaps, but they are just as keen to find out what today's aircrew get up to. Fascinating to discover some of the things the V-Force got up to! Fully recommend it.

ACA Secretary
6th Feb 2008, 19:29
MGD,

Thanks a bunch. Check your emails!:ok:

Sec