PDA

View Full Version : JMC capacity going stateside

GOLDEN LION
30th Sep 2001, 14:44
I'm hearing from my colleagues stateside that not only will the UK charter boys not be allowed to send there crews to fly in the states this winter, there a/c will no longer be permitted in as so many crew and a/c avail in the US. :eek:

411A
30th Sep 2001, 18:19
....quite right, and about time, too. Keep the Euro boys on the Euro side, for everyones benefit.

EGGW
30th Sep 2001, 18:41
411A, you obviously forgot about all you yanks working over here :mad: :mad:

411A
30th Sep 2001, 19:18
Well then, if they are excess to capacity, send them home. The market place will decide, anyway.

GOLDEN LION
30th Sep 2001, 19:31
Has anybody else heard this rumour ??????????

Either way I think both sides of the Atlantic should be consolidating what they have in there own country before importing extra capacity and crews.

If this is the case it will hit JMC in a big way as they have in excess of 10 a/c due to go to MSP as well as other destinations.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

MaxAOB
30th Sep 2001, 19:42
Most crews have already gone. Contracts, deals etc they were already committed I understand.

But then again what do I know this is only a rumour network!!!!!!!!!

:p :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :eek:

beamer
30th Sep 2001, 21:28
411 A

O what an insular crowd you all are !

Many pilots in Europe would like to get rid
of the North Americans, Australians, New
Zealanders and God knows who else who come
over here and take up jobs just because they
have acquired some time on a 737. BUT we live
in the real world, what you would call the
FREE world where people usually have the
opportunity to trade their labour and their
skills as do the companies which employ them.

What happened in NY and DC was ghastly -
terrorism pure and simple. Now it is time to
move on and Americans and others have to do
more than just clutch the flag - business has to continue, people have to get back in
the air - it will happen eventually so lets
get on with it. Matey in Afghanistan will
get his rewards but it will take some time.

Land of the free and home of the brave - damn right but people outside of NY and DC
have to prove it by showing that we are not
going to give in to these people.

160to4DME
30th Sep 2001, 22:58
Whilst we have a public JMC thread open, have the recent events made any difference re. the 330s arriving ??

takeoffallgreen
1st Oct 2001, 00:22
411A, you really are a tosser.

Ask your American colleagues how they would feel about being furloughed in April. Because that is exactly what will happen if they don't come back to JMC in 2002.

We have a great relationship with our American friends and we do not need dick heads like you causing trouble for the sake of it.

Get a life.

411A
1st Oct 2001, 01:22
My, my, you are a sensitive little turkey arn't you, TakeOffAllGreen.
In case you did not know it, these guys were on borrowed time anyway.
Hey, if the s@it hits the fan, be sure to have a raincoat handy. Keep a CV in your flight kit and be prepared to move, if necessary, just like everyone else with any common sense.