PDA

View Full Version : On bended knee....Mk IV

BuzzLightyear
4th Feb 2008, 13:28
I think it's Mk IV anyway...could only find three previous ones! :ooh:

Well its been snowy again and its all disappeared :sad: and not another A.A.S.S. Certificate has been issued. More on the way apparently so don't give up hope yet lads and lassies... :p

For those of you that are new to good old (not so) Ice Station Zebra, welcome to the occassional re-appearance of a thread that was hijacked a long time ago....isn't EGPD just fine and dandy.

Any of you old hands other than me still out there?

Data Dad
4th Feb 2008, 13:53
From infinity and beyond...still here :) Bout time you returned the flashing snowlady wiz ze big boobies though...

DD

BuzzLightyear
4th Feb 2008, 14:31
Not guilty...you missing the cheap thrill of a frosty morning? :p

Wonder who else will crawl out of the wood work....glad your still there Dad.

atcomarkingtime
4th Feb 2008, 19:25
So the Good old Ice Station is under new temporary management eh? I wonder how temporary temporary is then.....betting has started....roll up roll up!!!

U R NumberOne
4th Feb 2008, 20:58
And I'm here as well. 'Course I don't get much time to post now what with being soooo busy at work! :eek:

Well done Buzz - I just can't remember how or why the original 'On Bended Knee' started. Must be getting on a bit...;)

atcomarkingtime
4th Feb 2008, 21:07
WHAY....u r number is back...good to see the OLDER boys on here!!!!:}

BuzzLightyear
6th Feb 2008, 17:59
I believe.... if my aging memory serves me correctly... it started with a genuine question about life at dear old ISZ.

Unfortunately for the original poster we kind of took the thread over and used it to trade the odd insult and other friendly banter.... :)

For example No1 I believe you took a bit of a ribbing for the hotting incident you suffered, Dad got a bit of a rise taken out of him for the Council's choice of chrimbo decor at the end of his road and as for Adge/Cuddles and any other alias he used...well least said ;)

Still no Association of ATCO's Stuck in Snow certificates issued...the truckers on the 947 must be getting bored in their cabs of an evening...eh Dad? :D

To Infinity and Beyond....Oldmeldrum

atcomarkingtime
6th Feb 2008, 19:43
Hehehehe...so glad Buzz admitted to having an aging memory....

We did use the originals for the odd bit of banter....one got closed down remember....ah...bless the olympics!!

U R NumberOne
7th Feb 2008, 15:04
Thanks for the reminder Buzz - I guess my slightly less-aged memory is also suffering a bit. Of course the most youthful Marking-time one doesn't have any such problems! ;)

atcomarkingtime
7th Feb 2008, 19:25
u r number 1....bout time you recognised my youff!! U'll never be as young and as wise as moi!!
BUZZ.....sorry to see you suffering today :oh: and even more sorry to see you are not going to appear on the cast list at ISZ tomoz.....oh I will miss the p**s taking!!!!!!! (THought something was wrong when u couldn't keep ur chopper up!!!!) Get well soon

BuzzLightyear
8th Feb 2008, 13:52
Oh I'll be back....tomorrow.

Amazing the restorative powers of lots of vitamin C. Should've passed enough germs around yesterday :eek:

To Infinity and Beyond.....Oldmeldrum

atcomarkingtime
8th Feb 2008, 22:02
Oh you OLD guys amaze me....a day off and you're back to your full self....us younger guys would have to have at least a cycle off to recover....but I'd apparentely not know I was sick until I'd had a shower in the morning??????:confused: (But next time get yourself down to the bakers for lunch!!!!!)

Can't wait to have you back Buzz....I'm sure you thought about us all whilst on your sick bed!!!!! Missed having someone stick 2 fingers up at me every 5 minutes!!!!!:p

throw a dyce
9th Feb 2008, 07:58
''Bakers for Lunch''.
Hey min yer in the North East of Fit-like land.It's doon the Cloggy fur yer stovies at dinner time.
There wiz nae such thing as being sick fen I wiz a loon at e drome.Takin weeks aff wee a sair heed.FIT.Oh at wiz me wiznt it.:O
Foos yer doos.Chavin :ok:

BuzzLightyear
9th Feb 2008, 12:45
Fit like Loon. Chappin awa noo. Ma grunzy wiz fair streamin but it's aa dried up fine noo. It's nae lunch onywye....it's yer dinner at thon time e day :)

To Infinity and Beyond....Oldmeldrum

DON GIVACHIT
9th Feb 2008, 15:27
I'm sorry but I only speak the Queen's. Could you send an interpreter round.

I must admit to being partial to a fancy piece at Ross's of Inverurie-shire for luncheon. Whether one is off-colour, chundering, got a dicky tummy, had a shower or not.

Whoops! There goes the career wot!!

Spankings all round.....

This could run and run etc....:D

DON GIVACHIT
9th Feb 2008, 17:30
While I think about it,

Why isn't marmalade called orange jam?

How does the snow plough driver get to work?

Why do footballers wear shorts in the winter and cricketers wear long trousers in summer?

What do you call 2 scots on a washing line? A pair of tights.:}

What do you get if you cross a gorilla with an Anglia controller?

Nothing, gorilla's aren't that stupid!:D

Odi
9th Feb 2008, 19:01
Yay, it's Bended knee time again - only another 14 pages to go for the record...

Continuing on with the same theme as the post above -

Why is there only the one Monopolies Commission?

Why are men's blouses called shirts?

And so on...

atcomarkingtime
9th Feb 2008, 21:08
Hey DON....keep Butlins radar out of this....

Glad to hear you've had a shower anyway Don....not been feeling yourself lately!!!! We'll have to see if Ross's take LV's....then it could be ISZ's sickie meeting point

Anyway....BUZZ BUZZ....ah...its my duckie calling...;)

U R NumberOne
10th Feb 2008, 12:56
:eek: Wow, that's spooky! Around the same time Buzz and I were discussing the resurrection of On Bended Knee at the mega-retirement bash last night, A.M.T. was posting on this very thread...

I think the new keeper of Mr.K's emporium should see about getting a Ross's franchise in the rest/crew room (select your preferred term of reference).

atcomarkingtime
10th Feb 2008, 13:30
U r number1....I know....I so wanted to go to the mega bash....other commitments like being on shift got int way!!!
Dunno bout putting a franchise in the crew room....too many IOU's would end up going in....tell you what tho...put one in Ward 3....prob find more controllers in Ross's than ward 3 tho!!:ok:
Hope all is well old number 1....get a duster out to dust down your electric hat as Monday is fast approaching for you Monday - Friday people and I'll just go and watch the news about this oil rig evacuation on my first day off out of 4....ah!!

Cuddles
10th Feb 2008, 22:05
What do you get if you cross a gorilla with an Anglia controller?

Nothing, gorilla's aren't that stupid!

You can bloody well stop that sort of inflamatory remark. It takes skill and cunning to remain awake.

I never said I had any skill and / or cunning.

atcomarkingtime
10th Feb 2008, 22:15
Hey....Cuddles.....BOO!!!!! I love to wake u up like that!!! Intercom or no intercom.....I'll get ya!!!

DON GIVACHIT
10th Feb 2008, 23:55
Hey Cuddles,

People said that you weren't fit to live with pigs and I said you were.
We still on for the barn raising?:}

Cuddles
11th Feb 2008, 15:41
Don

'People said that you weren't fit to live with pigs and I said you were'

I may have to refer that comment to my lovely wife.:ouch:

eddyboog
11th Feb 2008, 21:35
Must be nice to have the time to post on this. errrrr...

DON GIVACHIT
13th Feb 2008, 15:02
Plenty of time to do this on night shifts.

Soz cuddles, your wife is a lovely lady. How she puts up with you is beyond me.

atcomarkingtime
13th Feb 2008, 20:27
Hey Don...I'm sure Cuddles'''''s wifey gets paid to put up with him!!!!:hmm:
What luverly weather we've had this week...bet the ice station is melting...who'd have thought that we'd nearly get to those balmy FREE MANAGEMENT ICE CREAMS so early in the year.....its normally mid-june when they get worried thinking they'll have to shell out on the ice's to keep us cooler!!!:O

atcomarkingtime
14th Feb 2008, 18:26
I see Offshore appears on NATSNET today....looking good Buzz!!:}

Co ordination unaffected
20th Feb 2008, 13:38
Here we go again. Yet another 'on bended knee' thread. FFS:rolleyes:

It must either be foggy in the North East of Scotland, or the sheep have got headaches.

atcomarkingtime
20th Feb 2008, 14:14
Hey Co-ord....nope not foggy up north....and by the way..the sheep are busy lambing!!!:)

Oh....ISZ chaps....found a thread in the rotorhead section titled NORTH SEA to hijack.....they seem ok so far!!

atcomarkingtime
21st Feb 2008, 19:17
TTT...welcome to probably the best thread in the world.....
but hey....squawking 7500 and moving along swiftly...since when did you start moving along swiftly...wot you and ur S76....:O

Odi
21st Feb 2008, 20:23
AMT - my thoughts exactly!

It's about time we hijacked another thread....

atcomarkingtime
21st Feb 2008, 20:42
ODI...nah...I think its too much fun having hijacked their rotorhead thread...and they're playing ball for a change...oh..first time for something then!!!!:ok:

Senior Pilot
22nd Feb 2008, 08:07
Oh....ISZ chaps....found a thread in the rotorhead section titled NORTH SEA to hijack.....they seem ok so far!!

So far: only so far.............;)

Whirlygig
22nd Feb 2008, 08:16
Perhaps we'll have to have a raiding party!!!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/Whirls/hijack.gif

Cheers

Whirls

XV666
22nd Feb 2008, 10:15
And Senior Pilot is right, you lot wait until some of the unmentionables find this thread!

Some of us remember the Good Old Days when there were no Talking Traffic Lights in the NS :=

:cool:

:p

:ok:

Inverted81
22nd Feb 2008, 12:13
Well, another ISZ member here.....

started to train on angrier, what the hell have i let myself in for ;)

atcomarkingtime
22nd Feb 2008, 13:32
TTT...sorry mate you'll have to say that again...couldn't understand a bloody word of it...were you munching food AGAIN!!! And please accept my appologies for calling you a S76 driver...totally forgot you virtually fly backwards

Argh...Whirlygig has found us....

Hey HELI....were the helicopters black and white in the good old days....:ooh:

atcomarkingtime
23rd Feb 2008, 19:41
Gone a bit quiet here at ISZ.....not been warned off have we again and someone failed to tell me!!!!:}
Not been hi-jacked today I see....oh yes...its weekend and they'll all be off their work!!!:oh:

Senior Pilot
23rd Feb 2008, 20:31
W*rk: are you allowed to use 4 letter words like that in this form?

Well I never...........:p

atcomarkingtime
23rd Feb 2008, 20:38
Senior Pilot...might have known that one of you lot would have been out of hibination this weekend....no flying to be done then?!!!! Sorry to have scared you with THAT w - word....hope you found it ok in the dictionary!!! Just teasing of course!!!!!:)

atcomarkingtime
24th Feb 2008, 07:49
TTT...looks like we were both up with the sparrows this morning...only some of us had work to do!!!!;)

atcomarkingtime
24th Feb 2008, 14:40
TTT....I know.....I was THAT controller!!! Which dolphin were u driving then?? Not XD chasing the 139!!!

Odi
24th Feb 2008, 15:26
AMT: Good to see you were spending your Sunday morning at work fully occupied.....

Make sure there are no delays tomorrow so when we start on Tuesday it's not a catch-up day :)

atcomarkingtime
24th Feb 2008, 15:50
ODI....there'e only dreadful weather that creates THAT backlog you speak about....it is "probably the best watch in the world (TM)" you follow mornings with!!!!! Oh how I jest!!!

atcomarkingtime
24th Feb 2008, 18:14
this morning seems such a long time away....don't remember speaking to the big long name of DB.....remember the ....jeesh...I'm sure it was two S76's chasing each other in the CLE area....you telling me one of those S76's wasn't a S76...eeeekk....it was a long time ago!!! Oche well....only one more 0630 start to go and then the end of the 6 day cycle becomes even clearer...its then 4 days away!!