PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Sweden

drambuster
3rd Feb 2008, 19:56
I'm planning a 5 day touring trip to Sweden in June. Can anyone recommend airfields to visit or memorable places that you would go back to?

Current plan is to arrive in the Copenhagen area on the first day (stopping at Texel for lunch on the way). Then cross to Bornholm island day 2, and on to Stockholm via Gotland day 3.

Any suggestions or general comments would be gratefully received. :)

Talkdownman
3rd Feb 2008, 21:59
All of 'em.

Windy Militant
4th Feb 2008, 10:13
Have a read of this, might be something of interest here for you.

Auster to Sweden (http://www.wiltshireflyers.org.uk/artical_1.htm) :ok:

I'll see if I can find the return leg for you, I think I might have a copy on my PC at Home.

drambuster
4th Feb 2008, 10:38
Thanks WM . . . . . . very helpful ! :)

julian_storey
5th Feb 2008, 10:09
Grafair at Bromma (Stockholm) are the friendliest, most efficient FBO in Europe . . .in my opinion.

www.grafair.se

deice
5th Feb 2008, 22:33
If you're flying a light plane, that is, not a jet, then stay clear of Grafair. There is no need to visit them. Unless weather is IMC and low cloud in Stockholm you should visit Barkarby, ESKB. Only a few minutes from Bromma, ESSB and no landing/parking fee. 100LL and 91/96UL available through the local club. There's an annual EAA fly-in first weekend of June. If you do end up at Bromma you can park at the north parking with fuel just next door.

If you need help with anything PM me.

drambuster
6th Feb 2008, 09:20
Thanks Deice.

As I get the trip planned further then I may well come back with a number of questions !

All the best

DB

youngskywalker
6th Feb 2008, 09:53
But Grafair Bromma have a nice, friendly Parrot :(

deice
6th Feb 2008, 20:38
Haha, is that so? Or do you mean Mr. Grafström himself?
I'm sure they're a great outfit, but prices would be jet-level. Besides, Barkarby is full of PFA types and it's likely 2008 will spell the end of flights there as they're closing it down come 2009, it may be your last chance to visit.

Frallifraxer
6th Feb 2008, 22:14
You must go to Halmstad ESMT westcoast of Sweden very nice town and close to Båstad and very nice beeches

drambuster
7th Feb 2008, 20:04
Thanks Frallifraxer . . . . Halmstad is now on our schedule ! (along with Barkarby )

:ok:

Windy Militant
8th Feb 2008, 08:08
Hello Drambuster did the return leg e-mail get through I had a couple of bounces before it left my outbox.
cheers WM

drambuster
8th Feb 2008, 08:16
Yes it did get through and was very useful info. Many thanks

DB

:)