View Full Version : RootsAir

Canuck Flyer
7th Jun 2000, 20:15
Syservice's new airline will be called RootsAir and is branded with Roots Canada.

<http://www.newswire.ca/releases/June2000/07/c2287.html>

Azure
8th Jun 2000, 10:44
ROOTSAIR?

What a stupid name for an airline, but hey, the uniforms may be interesting! The pilots can wear their hats backwards!

Roots, firmly planted in the ground.

Would not be on my list of favorite names, but this is a new era in aviation, they may get the money spending single, business, I'm cool crowd type of person. Nothing surprises me in Canadian Aviation anymore!

PS...They did damn well at those Olymics to be able to start an airline on a clothing chain!

Rollingthunder
9th Jun 2000, 03:32
Branding.
The clothing airline.
Caps will be available for sale on-board. Catalogues in seat pockets.
F/As in trendy outfits (they will need new outfits every couple of months then).
Pilots in what?
I guess i'm surprised we don't have HardRockair and AirNike already operating.

Those names are copyright, by the way.

Grinch
10th Jun 2000, 12:20
Virgin was probably laughed at ( BA etc) when they introduced their label to the Airline world.

" yeah they'll probably sell records...."

It is called marketing.

Jetgate
10th Jun 2000, 12:58
Grinch,

Are you rostered to fly CM775 on the 12th? I am a pax on that flight and sure would love to visit the bells and whistles section.

Folks, I am sorry for posting outside the thread http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/redface.gif

------------------
There are Old Pilots and Bold Pilots, but no Old Bold Pilots.

smith
10th Jun 2000, 22:40
And of course, they serve root beer.

m&v
12th Jun 2000, 05:58
Its suspected that although Roots only own 20% there must be deep pockets somewhere-how about the Canadian connection for Canadien's contacts,coast to coast and the 'states'an annoucement is forthcoming

xwardair
12th Jun 2000, 09:25
You watch - Elvis Stoko will be the spokes person, "my new skates" are by Rootsair.........Elvis's golden airline.......ugh!