PDA

View Full Version : Slingsby T61f venture POH

micromalc
3rd Feb 2008, 09:56
Hi all,
Anyone know where I can find a copy of the POH for a Slingsby T61f venture. I've also heard that they are cleared for "loops".
All help and comments much appreciate.

Fournier Boy
4th Feb 2008, 17:04
I can't really help you with a POH, however I do have a training brief sheet with all the relevant facts and figures if you so wish. PM me with an email address and i'll look it out for you.

FB

STUART G.S.
10th Jul 2008, 20:29
I saw on Pprune that you had a sheet of info. /speeds etc. for the Slingsby T61F. I`m doing some training to get cleared on this aircraft shortly and it would be most useful.
If you could email it would much appreciated, thanks, STU.

[email protected].

Arclite01
11th Jul 2008, 01:53
You'd have to be seriously crazy to want to loop one on a regular basis. I'd say it was only semi aerobatic at a push. I've got about 15 hours on type.

It's a training machine - motorglider, that's about it

Arc

Rocket2
11th Jul 2008, 12:05
Yes the T61F was cleared for loops, used to do so many years ago (especially in SA9 out of Akrotiri) but wouldn't now due to old age (mine & the aircrafts :( ) It was all perfectly safe so long as you watched the speeds.

Venture652
8th Jan 2023, 12:28
I can't really help you with a POH, however I do have a training brief sheet with all the relevant facts and figures if you so wish. PM me with an email address and i'll look it out for you.

FB
Hi,
recently bought a share in a T61F, do you still have the operating specs you mentioned in your post?, and if so would it be possible to get a copy?
My email is : [email protected]
I do have a copy of the old Air Cadet check list but im looking to build up as much useful info on the aircraft as possible.
wouldnt it be great to get a work shop manuel!!!

chevvron
8th Jan 2023, 21:02
I always thought the Venture was a T61E not F.
At Little Rissington in 1991, I was admin officer for the first Vigilant course after they converted from Ventures; the 4 Ventures had been pushed into a dark corner of the 'L' type hangar and were rapidly collecting dust; I wonder did they fly them out or were they dismantled?
I remember being told that on delivery about 10 years earlier, they were flown in (from Syerston I think) but the pilot would remove the compass and take it away with him.

19th Jan 2023, 13:17
I'm a senior motor glider instructor.
There is a T61f based near me; it's placard clearly allows loops.
These days, looping it would be madness.

Geriaviator
29th Jan 2023, 17:48
I did some soaring in a T61, must be 50 years ago when conditions were ideal for a gliding novice who was more accustomed to towing the things. Gentle old thing which should not be subjected to any form of aerobatics, even when pilot is capable enough to hold steady 1g all the way round. Apart from that, at my age such antics will cause severe hydraulic problems :ooh:

gondukin
3rd Feb 2023, 15:21
I have a photocopy of a T61F Mk2 manual prepared by Air Cadets Central Gliding School. I've had a look and it does permit loops, but no other aerobatics.