PDA

View Full Version : Where has my thread gone?!

Roger10-4
2nd Feb 2008, 19:39
I posted a thread earlier today about the development of flight simulators and their training effectiveness to PPL students...anyone know where its gone?

BackPacker
2nd Feb 2008, 20:10
Saw it. Didn't find it particularly offensive so I don't think it was deleted. But it wasn't really appropriate to Private Flying, so maybe the mods moved it to the Professional Studies forum or something like that? Have you checked your PMs?

IRRenewal
2nd Feb 2008, 21:08
Did it contain anything that could be seen as advertising?

Roger10-4
2nd Feb 2008, 21:08
Yeh thanks anyway mate...I thought seen as it was specifically related to PPL training I might have had some luck! Nevermind

Roger10-4
2nd Feb 2008, 21:22
No nothing at all. Basically I'm doing a dissertation at Uni and the head of the course wants me to assess the possibilities of using the uni's new FNPT sim for something which would benefit PPL students other than for the 5 hours instrument training. My question was does anyone know a good source for the development of flight simulators and does anyone have any opinions on whether sims can be useful during PPL trg. For example if you were to put a student in a simulator and teach them effects of controls...how more likely are they to pick it up quicker in a real a/c.

Regards

BRL
2nd Feb 2008, 21:30
Sorry mate , it will be back soon........ :)