PDA

View Full Version : Global Aerospace Logistics

glenjean
2nd Feb 2008, 15:40
Does anyone have any updated information regarding GAL? They had an advert in Flight International back around Nov. '07 and I have not seen or heard anymore about them. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Fox3snapshot
2nd Feb 2008, 17:57
All gone bewwy bewwy qwyyatt..... :uhoh:

Raven30
2nd Feb 2008, 18:57
Think they are interviewing this month for ATC posts in the ME.

cac_sabre
3rd Feb 2008, 01:32
I have applied for these jobs as well. I have been in contact with the company to see where they are at. The managerial positions were to be sorted by the end of January.... I must have missed out there! The Instructor and ATC jobs are being shortlisted etc in the first 2 weeks of February.
I have a draft "package" document.

Interestingly GAL's clients are looking for ATCs in this priority:
1. US
2. UK
3. RSA
4. Australia

I dont know why

Kapoen
3rd Feb 2008, 03:27
'cause 2 of the 4 can play proper rugby.......:}

cac_sabre
3rd Feb 2008, 04:08
Australian Rules Football....rules! Carn the Dockers!!

Track Coastal
3rd Feb 2008, 05:59
'cause 2 of the 4 can play proper rugby.......:}
If you are referring to the UK, you must mean the British and Irish Lions, 2001 tour to Australia, lost 1-2; 2005 tour to New Zealand lost 0-3...that leaves RSA and Australia (the only countries to win the World Cup twice).

I have a draft "package" document.
I have that as well BTW. Interviews have been conducted in the UK and the USA, the dilemna I understand is what to do about interviewing the antepodeans.

4th Feb 2008, 05:45
all,

An ATC collague friend of mine has had communication from the ATC project Manager yesterday who informed him that he was off to the UK and US to interview candidates with some assistance from ICAO. There was no mention of interviewing those south of the equator.

This gels with what cac_sabre has mentioned about the order of preferred nationalities by the client.

As for interviewing those south of the equator well it is a 13 odd hour flt to New York from DXB so why not fly 15.5 hrs to Sydney or Brisbane or Perth. I do smell a rat here. Sadly, I do tend to think the Seffs and Aussies/Kiwis will not get a look in here, but dont understand why?

appreciate your comments for those who applied.

SINGAPURCANAC
4th Feb 2008, 08:34
Interestingly GAL's clients are looking for ATCs in this priority:
1. US
2. UK
3. RSA
4. Australia
If those aren't available then:
1.USSR
2.DDR
3.CSSR
4.anyone else:D

Nookie2nite
5th Feb 2008, 01:12
'eard that there is a no poach policy in UAE so they won't be takin u if ya already employed in the UAE. :confused::eek:

coffindodger
5th Feb 2008, 01:49
right i have been following this set of clowns for about 7 months now.
the hr man in auh hasnt a clue. when you telephone him up on his mobile number (yes i have his mobile no) he just puts you off with excuse after excuse.
i know of 4 other people that have also been looking at this company and again, any feedback from the hr man is very poor. he will not answer emails nor return any (telephone) missed calls to him.
so to me as a grd eng alarm bells are ringing re this lot.
maybe this is just me but !!!
this has been covered late last year in another thread on this company please do a check and you will find more info on this.

Track Coastal
5th Feb 2008, 03:49
Que? He answers my emails.

cac_sabre
5th Feb 2008, 10:15
All my email communications with the GAL man have been cordial, informative and professional.

coffindodger
5th Feb 2008, 11:11
well that may be the case for atc staff, but i know of 4 people where i am that have had very little response and if a question is asked.
i also know of one heli pilot that sent off info.
and the all time classic song from diana ross 1970 hit- i 'm still waiting.
i know of one person i share the office with he emailed him earlier this week and still no reply and this is after many times over the last 6 months,
and this person also telephoned him three times yesterday.
and still no reply.even to missed calls, so i am told.
yes it may be different for the air traffic side of thing.
but for us geo bush look alikes and ground eng, its different.
decent experienced staff what ever if pilots / air traffic/ grd eng are hard to come by
unless they are going for the cheaper option.????
i know they have got some eng's from gamco.

coffindodger
5th Feb 2008, 11:54
found this link to late last year re info on gal .

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=303300&highlight=global+aerospace+logistics

bottom rung
18th Feb 2008, 17:50
I presume the interviews have been and gone.... anyone heard anything?

Fox3snapshot
18th Feb 2008, 20:13
Not if you are already employed in the UAE (especially as an active controller.....management are disposable items so they may have got some news on their applicatons :E)

....some skulduggery's go'in on me thinks :suspect:

19th Feb 2008, 06:57
Mr/Ms fox3

please elaborate for us. there was a rumour that GAL would not poach controllers from Serco? I notice from other posts from you that you must be in UAE with GCAA. since you are on the ground there what is the latest, surely you must know something?

No doubt some of the manager types have applied for GAL jobs.

Also, noticed a new GAL advert with an age limit of 40 has appeared in Aviation job search pages, anyone know what gives here. Seems like it is for a new contract I suspect?

c'mon guys and gals tell all.......:rolleyes:

Fox3snapshot
19th Feb 2008, 08:45
If 40 was on the Roulette table I would have won bazillions...:{

40 seems to be the latest 'magic' number from the HR mob around the world who incidentally in most organizations have no shmik about ATC whatsoever, apparently a critical attribute to being employed for the job in the first place!!

Not just SERCO being sidelined it seems, a little note that I have recieved from said employment agency indicates that across the board being a UAE Private or Government employee will work against you :rolleyes:....unless you are management :} (once again I must stress they are very disposable items and can be replaced by the shelf stacker's at Spinneys! :E)

BTW...the salary will not stack up against the new GCAA package anyway so close, but no banana! ;)

Fox3snapshot
19th Feb 2008, 12:30
Sorry Verci, was directed at the current merry go round of heirachy :rolleyes:

Don't get the wrong idea, but you know very well how the wheels on the trolley have fallen off in this place :suspect:!

sodukonerd
19th Feb 2008, 13:12
I didn't know the trolley's came with wheels!? :confused:

I thought all that noise was all the hard work management were doing making sure we and the system were well looked after? :E

19th Feb 2008, 19:44
Mr/ms fox3

Now that you have mentioned the new GCAA package, so then pray tell what the new GCAA package is expected to be, it would seem you have the details?

cessnalee
20th Mar 2008, 22:51
Does any1 know who is ''their clients'' spoken by GAL? AND what is the working enviroment like for ATCA'S? As well as career development? Is it worth working in Abu Dhabi as an ATCA?

Calling all peeps with wisdom!!!!