PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a retired ATCO

cantfullypark!
2nd Feb 2008, 08:48
Hi all,

At the request of a neighbour (long lost sibling), I'm asking for your help to locate a retired ATCO called George Rose. I believe he worked in the London area - both Heathrow and Gatwick mentioned - but couldn't be sure. Any info appreciated!

Ta.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
2nd Feb 2008, 10:06
Only one person of that name worked in Heathrow ATC but it wasn't George and it was an ATSA and not a controller. Maybe SATCC/LATCC or Gatwick..

mobydickus
2nd Feb 2008, 11:00
There was a John Rose, a crew chief on B Watch at the old LATCC. He went to Maastricht I believe in the mid eighties. Will certainly be retired by now.

Spitoon
2nd Feb 2008, 11:23
You could try the CAA licensing people at Aviation House, Gatwick - I've always found them very helpful. I don't suppose they could give you any information directly but perhaps they might pass on a message to the last known address.

Lon More
3rd Feb 2008, 00:39
There was a John Rose, a crew chief on B Watch at the old LATCC. He went to Maastricht I believe in the mid eighties. Will certainly be retired by now.

Knew him at Sopley years ago. he joined Eurocontrol; but not at Maastricht; he was at IANS in Luxembourg. AFAIK he retired several years ago.

Edited to add; i can't find his name in the list of retirees. However:

Eurocontrol IANS
12, rue Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
1432 , Luxembourg
Phone: + 352 43 60 61 1
Fax: + 352 43 60 61 561

may be able to help.

Talkdownman
3rd Feb 2008, 06:37
We had an Iain (de F........) Rose at the old LATCC in the early seventies, ATCO on 'A' Watch, married to one of the ATCAs. ISTR went to EGPXville.

Bern Oulli
3rd Feb 2008, 09:10
No relation of mine as far as I know.
Must have been a whole bunch of Roses in ATC at one time. :ok:

Bern Oulli, aka Pedro, aka Peter Rose

FantomZorbin
3rd Feb 2008, 09:45
The John Rose who signed my farewell card at CATC in May 1983 was ex Fleet Air Arm - any help?

PS noted his name on a door at Eurocontrol training school in Luxembourg in about 1990

cantfullypark!
3rd Feb 2008, 18:18
Thankyou all for your input. I'll pass all the info to my neighbour for further investigation! All the best.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
3rd Feb 2008, 18:55
<<Must have been a whole bunch of Roses in ATC at one time.>>

A lot of them I came up smelling like.........!!

Bern Oulli
4th Feb 2008, 09:17
Thank you HD, or as someone remarked, "A Rose by any other name would smell."

[Thread drift warning.] A distant relative of mine did work as an ATCO at Heathrow I believe, name of Alan Sabourin. Retired in the 60's I think. [/thread drift]

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
4th Feb 2008, 09:43
Bern Ouilli. Alan was at EGLL from early 50s to 1955 and possibly in 1964ish. He went to Hurn and we think he retired 1983 and is no longer with us...

NBanker
4th Feb 2008, 15:27
Hmmm... a chap named Alan Sabourin was the Deputy Watch Supervisor of B Watch at LATCC in the late 70s/early 80s.
NB

Talkdownman
4th Feb 2008, 16:21
One and the same. Sadly HD is correct. He was a Huguenot and an associate of my late father.
Anyway, have we found George yet?
Plus I am intrigued to hear about the existence of a list of retirees.
Lon More, is that just retirees from Eurocontrol?

Lon More
4th Feb 2008, 20:45
Plus I am intrigued to hear about the existence of a list of retirees.
Lon More, is that just retirees from Eurocontrol?

It's just Eurocontrol: the one I have at home is just for those who have elected to publish an e-mail address.

Moira
5th Feb 2008, 12:00
It may be someone completely different, but one of the articles of the following link mentions a John Rose, about 76 years old, from London, now living in Luxembourg. Even mentions an e-mail address.

www.brixtonsociety.org.uk/Sept%2006%20Newsletter.pdf