PDA

View Full Version : Maastricht Vacancies

west atc
1st Feb 2008, 21:35
It's gone very quiet on the Maastricht front. Does anyone have any idea of where the interviews and testing are at?

Is it true that there may be another intake of 10 later in the year?

Any information as to how many positions have been filled etc would be appreciated.

andrijander
2nd Feb 2008, 11:17
Well, the rumour has it that here have been almost 200 app's (heard some fiure in the 190-ies) so one would assume there should be some suitable candidates there...

I believe the interviews are underway as we speak (again rumour network) and the testing should follow asap (I assumes).

However the idea so far is that there will not be another intake as timing with the ab-initios wouldn't allow it. The problem being, as the ab-initio intake is raised, within a year or two we'll be flooded with our own "new rookies" and we shouldn't have any training capacity left. This comes from people who have been monitoring the situation and calling the shots...but then again it wouldn't be the first time they change their mind...it's just AFAIK they haven't changed their mind yet and the clues at this point suggest they won't.

All the best anyway.

A.

RangadogLux
3rd Feb 2008, 21:20
Hi Mate, If you applied and have not heard by now, you ain't gonna. They started the interviews around the 7th Jan and I expect they will all be over by now. Intakes are increasing thats for sure but I have not heard of any more conversion controllers being taken on later on in the year. That does not mean to say you are incorrect, but the jungle drums ain't beating to that tune as far as I know.

Mattis
5th Feb 2008, 06:53
I went to an interview in mid January. I e-mailed Eurocontrol last friday and they told me that the last interviews were scheduled to take place in the end of February.

A colleague of mine is heading for Maastricht for an interview on February 25th so I guess the chances are still there.

I heard rumours that they've already hired controllers to start in mid March but since they are still interviewing people I guess they haven't decided who they want for the training in July.

bruman
5th Feb 2008, 09:44
yes 3 of my belgian colleagues are selected to start the training in march
they have to pass the medical first but I can confirm that an contract has been offered to them

top3b
1st Mar 2008, 19:53
i went to maastricht on Feb 25th, and they said that they will answer to every interviewee anyway.Does anyone have some news about their offer?
:confused::}:confused:

Kind regards

roomer
2nd Mar 2008, 00:23
Hi Top3b
Well don"t panic mate, went for the interview on the 20. Feb, last interviews are held on the 7th March, results published by the 15th approx.
But as far as I"m concerned, they"ll only notify those who are considered as futur ATCO to them. And hey anybody else had the feeling that they treat you like little school boys who have never seen a radar before???

Anyway good luck to all who have applied.....

Ali Bongo
2nd Mar 2008, 10:21
I heard on 'pretty good authority' that the pay that was advertised, wasn't the same that was offered along with a start date on succesfully passing the assesment.:confused:

This has led to a couple of UK based ATCO's having to reconsider whether the pay cut is worth the effort ......

garp
2nd Mar 2008, 14:38
And hey anybody else had the feeling that they treat you like little school boys who have never seen a radar before???

Roomer, can you be a bit more precise ? Was this during the interview or during the visit to the OR ?

The Euronator
2nd Mar 2008, 17:26
Ali Bongo,

I heard on 'pretty good authority' that the pay that was advertised, wasn't the same that was offered along with a start date on succesfully passing the assesment.

I believe the pay was never advertised

I would like to know however, what was offered with regard to the Grade & Step based on years of experience ?

Garp

There were no tests just an interview

garp
2nd Mar 2008, 18:42
There were no tests just an interview
Ok tx, makes sense. Still would like to know :)

The Euronator
3rd Mar 2008, 05:45
Garp

I stand corrected, there were 4 CBT tests prior to the interview.

roomer
3rd Mar 2008, 16:42
garp
guys at the ops room were really nice, young team, good spirit.
Was speaking about the interview, ****load of silly questions..... especially by HR...... but maybe it's just because I'm not to fond of HR people.....

garp
3rd Mar 2008, 18:21
Good to hear that. It's not the first time I hear that comment about HR folks. Try to forget that part of the interview asap and only remember the good reception you had in the OR.

Didahdit
4th Mar 2008, 10:00
Hi folks,

Long time reader, first time poster etc. Just to let you know, I was offered a test day at Maastricht next week, but couldn't make that (exams at university) so I was advised that the next test day I would be put on was in April / May. So there seems to be some kind of active recruitment going on still.

How does this compare to NATS stage 1 tests? I've heard that it's quite a bit more intense - I found the NATS ones bearable, but then went and failed on the psychometric stuff.

andrijander
6th Mar 2008, 05:55
Didahdit,

I believe you are talking about ab-initio testing? If so, this is the wrong thread as this one goes on about conversion courses for validated controllers. I'm sure if you dig a bit around here (search function) you may find comments from people that has gone through initial testing and may have shared their experience. In any case good luck,
A.

oneowl
3rd Apr 2008, 21:06
Just seen on another thread that Eurocontrol are planning a third intake commencing mid November. Is this true?
Any details available ??
How many on the course?
Will the candidates come from the people already interviewed/tested through Jan and Feb?

west atc
4th Apr 2008, 08:35
Will the candidates come from the people already interviewed/tested through Jan and Feb?

Yep, sent an email to HR and unfortunately the courses are all full with reserves also coming from those already interviewed.

Still, the Germans are still bubbling along nicely!