Another engin incident with a B777-300ER. Link is in french

http://www.crash-aerien.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6239

puff m'call
1st Feb 2008, 13:39
That means a lot...........NOT!!!:confused:

overthewing
1st Feb 2008, 13:56
Oh, good grief. :8

A Singapore Airlines 777-300 left Changi at midnight, and after several hours the right engine started to make a lot of noise for no reason they could work out.

They diverted to Frankfurt and landed on one engine without mishap at 6.30am. The passengers were shipped home via other flights.

davy123
1st Feb 2008, 14:02
Any offical confirmation of this so far?

srobarts
1st Feb 2008, 16:01
That means a lot...........NOT!!

I failed French at school some forty+ years ago so now I use the same cheat as my teenage son and copy the link for pages into the babelfish translator and hey presto the page appears in english which is good enough to get the gist!

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

grundyhead
1st Feb 2008, 18:09
Babel Translation as follows:

Problems engine of a plane of Singapore Airlines Frankfurt (Germany) - a plane of the Singaporean airline company Singapore Airlines was constrained to divert towards the international airport Rhein-Hand of Frankfurt (Germany) following a problem of engine control which has occurred in full flight. The plane, a Boeing 777-300ER, flight SQ334, which was to carry out the connection between the international airport Changi of Singapore (Singapore) and the international airport Roissy-Charles of Gaulle of Paris (France) had taken off about midnight, standard time, had been in flight for several hours when problems engine, on the right engine which seems it made much noise and whose nature of the concern was not revealed, have constrained the pilots to divert in urgency towards the international airport Rhein-Hand of Frankfurt. The plane landed without other incident towards 6h30 morning on only one engine in the medium of the vehicles of safety and there was not of casualty. The passengers were unloaded and transferred later on on other flights in order to join their destination envisaged. No other information was communicated on the type of breakdown nor the causes of this one. :confused:?

My French terrible aussi!