PDA

View Full Version : ATC pay scale

CLSpringer1223
1st Feb 2008, 00:29
Hi all,
I was just wondering what the current pay scale for air traffic controllers is. Thanks for the info.

Blockla
1st Feb 2008, 05:24
Where? USD or something else?

undervaluedATC
2nd Feb 2008, 06:26
in australia, not enough!!

<==== see username right

CLSpringer1223
2nd Feb 2008, 06:32
USD would be fine. I'm in pilot training right now, but I was just wondering roughly how much ATC personnel make.

AirNoServicesAustralia
2nd Feb 2008, 07:41
Ok you have taken the trouble to come back on here and specify that you would like to know in USD. Now maybe you could specify if you are referring to Area, Approach or Tower ATC. Which part of the world? Civil or Military?

Pay where I am is getting better and to be honest the signs are that it will be a lot better very soon, but that aint gonna help you if you're not planning on working in the Sand Pit.

SINGAPURCANAC
2nd Feb 2008, 08:20
@ANSA,agree.
Once during the union meeting I have been told that salary for qualified atco(APP/ACC/RDR) could be 80% of Captain salary at "national type"( having no better translation, but this represent the most common or important type of a/c in the fleet of national carrier. It was introduced during the 80's when national carrier means different than it has been today. )
after that I followed this idea and realized that in many cases this was the truth even they changed the explanation.
but from my point of view the salary itself is important but not the only one prerequisite. Term and Conditions or CONTRACT is the thing that changes from good job to the premium job and vice versa.
I will give only one example .
Recently at the meeting between union ATCA and management of provider they have agreed and signed next article in contract. Qualified ATCO may work between 130 and 240 hours per month. It means absolutely legal for SATCO to put 20 shifts per month and every shift 12 hours! This is better part of story. But your SATCO may also put 30 shifts per mont , 8 hours each!:ugh:
And now my question:
Is there any sense to get any level of salary with such month schedule?
If I had had idea to spend too much time at job, I would have never join ATC!