PDA

View Full Version : Any Tiger Moth Owners Out there???

Fournier Boy
31st Jan 2008, 11:44
Hello

I'm trying to contact any Tiger Moth Owners out there who currently own and are running a Tiger Moth on a Public transport CofA, I have a few questions I'd like to pass by you.....

Rgds FB

micromalc
31st Jan 2008, 11:52
if you don't have any luck try Glyn at the Tiger Club Headcorn 01622 891017.
They've been running Tigers for years.

kitekruncher
31st Jan 2008, 11:54
Try Ian Castle, Deltair, Sywell

Fournier Boy
31st Jan 2008, 12:07
Wow, that was incrediably quick, thank you both of you. Should have been a little clearer in my first post. As it is, I'm looking more towards private owners with Public Cat Tigers - according to GINFO, there are a lot more privately owned, than attached to business'. Its these owners who don't have the aircraft earning an income to pay its way, who I'm looking to talk too.

Fingers crossed....

DBisDogOne
31st Jan 2008, 12:11
Is there still one at Shoreham?

Fournier Boy
31st Jan 2008, 12:15
G-AMNN now earns a living with one of the flying schools based in the terminal. I think I've seen another Tiger down there, privately owned, but don't think it runs under Public Transport conditions.

FB

Rusty Tack
31st Jan 2008, 15:11
Fournier Boy: The best person to talk to is Stuart McKay at the de Havilland Moth Club with anything Moth related, especially if it is Tiger Moth related. If he does not know himself, he will definatley know the person to ask!

Contact him on [email protected]

Mandator
31st Jan 2008, 18:20
For practical purposes Transport Cat is no longer a factor. All Annex II aircraft are being transferred to the Standard Category CofA. If you want to use a Tiger for the purposes of Public Transport then YOU have to ensure that all requirements for public transport have been met - easier said than done and woe betide anyone the CAA catch doing it wrong. If you only want to operate for the purposes of Private Flight then things are not so stringent.

shortstripper
31st Jan 2008, 19:24
I'm a close friend of the owner of G-AMNN. He's an instructor and operates her on a Public Cat CofA. Pm me with what you want to know, and if it's not anything silly, I'll give you his mobile number.

SS

Fournier Boy
1st Feb 2008, 08:25
Thanks, I've sent you a PM. I'm still looking to contact as many people as I can, so keep any suggestions coming

FB

SpeedbirdXK8
1st Feb 2008, 15:45
I suggest you contact Clive Davidson via Compton Abbas, Dorest. His is the Tiger often seen in Pilot. Call and leave a message for him to call you back. Very friendly and full of information.

stiknruda
1st Feb 2008, 16:24
Fortunately I sold my Tiger and you couldn't give me another one if you tried:E:E

If I knew more about your "scheme", I might be tempted to intro you to the v nice RAF pilot who bought it from me.

Stik