PDA

View Full Version : KFC pilots (SCABS) crossed the line...

27driver
25th Jul 2001, 20:12
During Morningstar's 4 day pilot strike, Morningstar management and KFC flew the Fedex freight.

Two company's refused to fly the freight on the solid premonition that it would cause possible ramifications down the road. Winnport and ACE had strong enough backbones to firmly decline any extra flights due to Morningstars negotiations. A firm handshake goes out to those two companies.

On the other hand, I just can't understand why KFC pilots would accept to fly this freight during this time period. :mad:
We are all fighting for higher wages, and equity with the majors in Canada. KFC pilots did nothing but shoot themselves in the foot, and slow down ALL of the Canadian freight pilot wages by crossing the line.
You KFC pilots are all big boys. Even though your management accepts a short term contract to fly this freight, you still have an option to choose if YOU should fly. YOU had MANY options... call in sick, or better yet, use the union you pay so dearly to protect your jobs with and support your comrads who are fighting for something you deserve!!!
I hope KFC strikes next year when their contract is up.

Even more, I hope Morningstar (not that they could) or other carriers fly Purolator freight all night long while KFC guys are bargaining for higher $$. :mad: :mad:

dangerous goods
26th Jul 2001, 03:00
Get a Brain.
The pilots of KFC are members of ALPA, which is an Airline Pilots Union. We are currently working under our first contract, which took much effort to get. That contract specifically forbids us from interfering with company business(KFC is a contract company)and as our ALPA advisors indicated we were in no legal position not to fly that cargo last week. We didn't want to, but legally speaking had to.Those pilots ate Winnport and at ACE have no such contract in place, therefore were in an entirely different position.
Next time get the facts straight before calling anyone a scab, over the internet , hidden anonymously.

27driver
26th Jul 2001, 04:48
D.G.
If you had any backbone, you would had called in sick if it was your flight. Though you cannot directly interfere with company actions, you are allowed to be sick. Affirmative action my friend. I guess you are too soft to even think of doing such. Time will tell. You can only imagine what you did to yourselves... :eek:
Once again, hide behind the old mighty union walls for protection why you're scabbing yourself out for work.
Many airline pilots around the world have tried affirmative action. You should! :mad:

ironbutt57
26th Jul 2001, 09:55
So now you boys in the great white north are discovering the virtues of ALPO...been in the position of the KFC boys myself...exact same position...but the airline we were hired to fly for, nobody accused us of being scabs...it's a chink in the armour of airline unions...certainly doesn't happen in the trucking business...but at least in the uS laws regulating airlines and labour are different, precluding nationwide action such as with teamsters and trucks.....good luck with your fight...you'll need it

dangerous goods
26th Jul 2001, 11:17
Back to you 27driver.
You would present a very interesting CRM scenario if we shared the same flight deck.
i.e. what planet are you from?
Your initial gutless accusation ended with"I hope Morningstar..fly Purolator freight all night long while KFC guys are bargaining " disturbs me. Is this not a clear acknoledgement that if push comes to shove YOU will have no backbone.
Thank you also for your advice on the use of my sick days 27 driver. You see I tend to use them when I am ill, which is why we have them , and not to use them when I don't feel like going to work(which is often). But I guess now we are simply getting into ethics , of which you have not demonstrated any. Anyway , I guess we will probably meet , when we are on the line, and you are crossing it , man of great backbone.
Happy Flying

v3
26th Jul 2001, 20:19
For non Canadians Who are what is KFC?

dangerous goods
26th Jul 2001, 20:39
KFC is a Canadian Charter Operation that flies predominatly cargo for Purolator Courier, with a fleet(15 I think) of 727's and several Convair 580's.
No they don't fly for the Colonel.

penguin
27th Jul 2001, 02:52
Kelowna Flightcraft

Scud Runner
30th Jul 2001, 10:45
27 Driver:

You need to get your head out of your a**, pal. Let's say that D.G. did call in sick, now they call in someone on reserve. If that person books off or refuses to fly, it keeps going until they find someone. If they can't get anyone, this starts the snowball known as "Illegal Strike" quickly rolling down the hill. Any percieved action such as this would have huge penalties attached. You simply cannot expect the KFC folks to do anything else, especially if ALPA said they had to fly. Now you know where all those lovely dues deductions really got you!

Scud :rolleyes:

Strong Winds
6th Aug 2001, 07:32
I am not from Canada, and I should probably stay out of this, but I think you īre right.

rick1128
10th Aug 2001, 23:18
Why don't you ask the guys at American how their sick out went. The fines are still piling up. There are other ways to get the point across.

fly real fast
11th Aug 2001, 03:51
I fell and have got a dirty scab on my

elbow. Does that help?

Azure
11th Aug 2001, 04:36
Just for a little clarification of the term "Scab," I always thought it refered to someone who "flew your planes" during a strike. Not someone just doing the job he/she was hired to do with his/her own company. Now, if they accepted to fly outside of their monthly max, to help the company out...then I see a bit of a problem.

Even Regional pilots during the AC strike didn't answere the phone on their days off, some may have been tempted, but we didn't hear about it afterward, so I assume not many, if any did.

fly real fast
11th Aug 2001, 09:35
AAHHH feel alot better now. just peeled that

annoying scab off my elbow. Tastes a little

salty