PDA

View Full Version : 2000 hour student

neilki
30th Jan 2008, 20:31
OK, not quite that bad. i'm a 2000hr ATPL who hasn't flown in ten years.. need some advice from you kind instructors. 2000tt/1800me; mostly in C404/441 & Metro -and i want to get back into flying. has anyone had or heard of someone who's considered such a thing. i'm not interested in the potential (or lack thereof) earnings, just the mechanics of relearning the skills & procedures. i've kept up a keen interest in the interim and am lucky enough to live near a Diamond training center (yes, in the US) and had guesstimated 15 hours single engine and 40 me to become IFR current -and confident.
any thoughts on the wisdom of this greatly appreciated

ProfChrisReed
30th Jan 2008, 20:47
My previous gliding club was home for the US 4077 many years ago, and reunions are still held there every couple of years.

A few years back one of the elderly attendees took up the option of a glider flight. After the instructor flew the launch, the lapsed US pilot flew the remainder of the flight, including landing with a few minor prompts.

Afterwards he revealed that his previous flight had been from the same airfield, in a B17, in 1945.

Given you're a little more current, I'd say it's worth a go.

BristolScout
31st Jan 2008, 08:06
I thought the 4077 was a M.A.S.H. unit. Where are you now, Hotlips?