PDA

View Full Version : Jumpseat on WestJet ?

TangoAir
20th Jul 2001, 22:21
Hi,

Anybody knows if there is a chance to jumpseat on WestJet from Winnipeg to Calgary on August ? I am actually flying as first officer at Aerolineas Argentinas. Our interline tickets (ID90, etc) are not available at this moment do to the situation of our company.

Slapshot
21st Jul 2001, 00:35
If you show up at the counter, show your Airine ID and identify yourself as an Airline Pilot I'm sure we'll do our best to let you ride the jumpseat. Depends of course on who else has asked, but if it's available it should be no problem.

We generally allow other Airline Pilots with ID to ride the jumpseat. It's at the descretion of the Captain.

Good luck, hope to see you on board. :)

TangoAir
21st Jul 2001, 20:41
Thank you very much Slapshot.
Hope to see you in August !!! :p

Ace McKool
23rd Jul 2001, 10:09
You're always welcome in my jumpseat as well. What day in August were you thinking of going? Don't forget your licence and airline ID!

TangoAir
30th Jul 2001, 02:56
Hi, Ace McKool

I’ll be in Winnipeg between July 31 and August 10. During this time I will fly to Calgary for a day. But I don’t know the exact date because I am trying to speak to somebody of your company to evaluate future chances of working at WestJet. (Future because this year I am working on Permanent Residence Papers and Canadian License)

By the way, thanks for your fast reply.

P.S. Any suggestion about who I could speak to at WestJet?
:D