PDA

View Full Version : FAA ATP > Canadian ATP

hornet
24th Nov 2001, 17:20
... is there somebody who can comment on a license conversion from a US ATP to a Canadian ATP ?
Also: what would be good place to look up vacancies in Canada, both Airlines and possibly smaller executive companies ?

Old DC-3 Driver
28th Nov 2001, 06:33
To Get a Canadian Atp you basically need to write the two written exams and do an IFR ride on a light twin. A good outfit to do this with on the west coast is Pro IFR in Vancouver. They can teach you the accelerated ground school Seminar over 3 day's.From a job standpoint 600+ ATP's laid off in the last 30 day's so jobs are scarce. Hopefully this will change in a couple months. Cheers and good luck from this unemployed B757 F.O.

hornet
28th Nov 2001, 23:25
...oops, i wasn´t aware of that and thaught hiring might be better in Canada than elsewhere. Thanks for theinfo, that sounds good. Hope there are more flying jobs in the future, but I think the situation will improve soon and quite noticeable

HelosRfun
30th Nov 2001, 02:14
Hornet,

Going from FAA to TC (transport Canada) is the hard road. Going from TC to FAA is easy validation. I'm more familiar on the helo side. If you have Canadian CPL(H) + group IV (I think this is the right number for a helicopter instrument) all you need to do is the 2 writtens (HAMRA and HA???) I can't remember the letters. Basically, one is specific on Wx, the other is a more general type exam. No Oral/checkride required. Now, if you don't have any TC certificate, get ready for the full "monty". Checkride, writtens, orals, etc...
Hope this helps. Try avcanada.com
Lot's of northern work in spring/summer/fall. Fires, lodges, etc...