PDA

View Full Version : Jumpseats on Air Canada ?

TangoAir
18th Jul 2001, 03:51
Hi,

Anybody knows if there is a chance to jumpseat on Air Canada from Buenos Aires to Winnipeg around the end of July? I am actually flying as first officer at Aerolineas Argentinas. Our interline tickets (ID90, etc) are not available at this moment do to the situation of our company.

a330
18th Jul 2001, 05:03
yup ... same here .. would also like to find out the same thing . does air canada allow other airlines employeesto jumpseat with them ? for e.g from asia ?? will be going to toronto next month from US ..

thanks in advance ,

a330 :D

PTD
18th Jul 2001, 10:12
Air Canada has reciprocal jumpseat agreements with over 20 airlines in North America ( I know that's not many - but this reciprocal deal has just recently been agreed to by the company).

Unfortunately, Aerolineas Argentinas is not one of them. Our Captains are restricted to ony those airlines on the company list. Sorry...

For the A330.... chances are your company might have a recip agreement.

I haven't the time to list all the recip airlines here - I'm not that fast a typist.

Send me an E with your airline's name at [email protected] & I'll check the official list & reply.

Cheers,
PTD

TangoAir
18th Jul 2001, 11:34
PTD, thanks for your fast and clear replay. I just got a reservation for July 30, Bue-Winnipeg on my first full paid ticket in 12 years !!!

a330
19th Jul 2001, 01:07
thanks for the info PTD .. i don't think the airline i work for is listed on the jumpseat list . just wanna be sure , is it true that air canada only allow the guys who are listed ?

thanks again
a330

PTD
19th Jul 2001, 05:01
a330:

Sorry, if your company is not on the list published by Air Canada we can't offer you a jumpseat at no charge. You would need to have either an interline reduced rate or regular ticket to get on board.

PTD