PDA

View Full Version : UK FISO License

29th Jan 2008, 12:18
Hi all,

Could anyone tell me, if an individual holds a current validation as an AFISO at a UK aerodrome, is it possible to take that rating to another country and then validate at a new aerodrome without having to undergo all the rating exams again?

Thanks.

niknak
29th Jan 2008, 12:59
I'm pretty sure that you'd have to take an assesment for prior competence as laid down by the relavant country's CAA, thereafter you'd probably have to do whatever part of their course and exam requirements they deemed fit.

Are you considering leaving the UK just to be a FISO abroad, or is it part of the bigger plan?

Dan Dare
29th Jan 2008, 15:11
I was lead to believe that FISO was a UK only licence, but stand to be corrected.

Squadgy
29th Jan 2008, 15:39
The UK FISO licence is issued by the CAA and was not placed under the European ATC licencing arrangements (which is incidentally why the FISO holder cannot undertake an APC towards a ATC licence).

Check with the CAA of the state you want to work in to see if they'll let it count towards anything - but I dont think there will be any recognition formalised.

4th Feb 2008, 16:24
Thanks very much for the all the replies.

Niknak, it's part of the bigger picture really. My fiance and I are looking at moving to Uganda (or somewhere else in Africa possibly) for a couple of years for her to teach, and so since I already work at an assistant at a large UK area centre I was looking into potential ATC jobs I can undertake in Africa.