PDA

View Full Version : C208 jobs

hammouda
23rd Oct 2001, 16:33
Hello!

I have more than 400 hours on the C208B (flying scheduled runs for DHL Worldwide Express in West Africa): do you think I'd have any luck finding a job in Canada?

Thanks!

mamantus
26th Oct 2001, 02:14
Lots of C208B jobs in Canada. We just hired 4. I think some company's may want an ATPL 1500 hrs. Try the charter companies.

KingAir
26th Oct 2001, 06:46
Mamantus, can you tell me what company you work for? You can email it to me if you like. I would be interested in applying for a Caravan position to get me through this rut if your company is still looking. I have 1600+ and 300+ multi. Thanks very much.

kelly vermeer
26th Oct 2001, 12:32
Hi Mamantus
There are lots of van jobs in Canada. I fly in ontario and there are 3 companies that have vans that I can name off the top of my head. Air Georgian, Primac, Wasaya. A know that Georgian's policy is at least 1500 tt to be a captain and they only hire really twice a year (March and September). Wasaya has similar hours required and I think Primac is less. Both of Primac and Georgian are based in Toronto and Wasaya is up north. Good luck with the search but remember that to get a van job is Canada the operator is probably going to want to see some good previous exposure to flying in icing conditions since we get a lot of it here!

hammouda
28th Oct 2001, 21:27
Thanks all for your replies: I'll be sending out CVs soon...

Cheers!

gna
2nd Nov 2001, 02:43
hi HAMMOUDA,
did you fly for Solenta in W Africa? If so, some info would be much appreciated. (how are the working conditions, the living conditions, the requirements to start with Solenta). I'm thinking of applying for the P2 position for them.
Cheers GNA

hammouda
2nd Nov 2001, 10:46
Gna,

apply now at solenta.com: they are always hiring low-time pilots (basic comm.+IFR, no experience).

Good luck!

NUBEE
2nd Nov 2001, 22:51
Hey Hammouda, I checked out Solenta on the web and it looks promising and interesting with their Algerian Twotter contract . Do they require JAA licences or will they accept Canadian or American FAA licences?
Thanks.

Flying Timer
3rd Nov 2001, 17:57
Hey Hammouda,

Applied their on october 15th, 2001 and got that answer;

Thank you for your CV which we received on the 16th October 2001. We do not have any positions available at present, but will keep your CV on file and should a suitable one become available, we will contact you.

Kind Regards

Karin

Would that be a new contract or what. I have 700TT+100 Multi

Regards

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hammouda
6th Nov 2001, 13:42
Solenta accepts FAA or Canadian licences: you can get a South African validation quite easily (you'll have to take their Air Law exam though). They WILL need pilots soon so do apply!

Cheers!