View Full Version : Lycoming Flyer

stiknruda
27th Jan 2008, 16:37
Something useful for those who sit behind a Lyc!

Whilst in the States last year - at an airshow, I picked up an A4 manual FOC from the Lycoming stand called:

Lycoming Flyer Key Reprints

it purports to be: A compilation from key maintenance and performance articles taken from the former Lycoming "Flyer" Newsletter.

IMHO A veritable Ladybird book of 112 pages of things that you ought to know about your engine.

It dispels the over-square myth for opposed engines, it carefully explains carb icing, shock-cooling and leaning. A real treasure trove and a change from the current Pprune bitching and whining.

No ISBN but a cover price of $4.99

It is endorsed by Ian Walsh the VP&GM of Lycoming engines, so I would guess an e-mail to him (address on the TexLyc site) might encourage him to donate a few more copies!

Stik a Lyc lover!

DaveW
27th Jan 2008, 16:52
Is it a hard copy of these? (http://www.lycoming.textron.com/support/tips-advice/key-reprints/index.jsp) (PDFs)

WorkingHard
27th Jan 2008, 18:54
Any one seen anything similar from Continental?

sternone
27th Jan 2008, 19:45
Or from Thielert ? :p

smarthawke
27th Jan 2008, 21:01
Some info from TCM here:

http://tcmlink.com/visitors/carenfeed/index.cfm

They do produce a booklet although not as thorough as the Lycoming Flyer Reprint one.

stiknruda
28th Jan 2008, 21:53
Sternone - you post so frequently and yet you so frequently come across as a real knobber..... is it a language thing?

If you have nothing useful to contribute to a serious attempt to help improve the knowledge that Lycoming users may not have gleaned through less than perfect instructor knowledge, then may I request that you desist from contaminating this thread?

Stik

sternone
29th Jan 2008, 05:13
stiknruda i understand your situation, but sorry, i can't help you.

stiknruda
29th Jan 2008, 07:47
It obviously is a language thing!

djpil
16th Sep 2013, 02:36
Stik, I can email them to you if required.

cockney steve
16th Sep 2013, 10:19
I know there's a time-shift Dunnunda, but Stik posted in 2008!!!!!

Dave Gittins
16th Sep 2013, 11:55
Maybe explains why the first link from DaveW came up with an error 404 but the one from VK2TVK works.