PDA

View Full Version : ANS providers addresses

Ricky Gervais
27th Jan 2008, 13:41
Dear colleagues

I just joined this interesting and entertaining forum, and came to think about something. It would be great if we, in this thread, could list addresses and e-mails to ANS providers around the world. That would make it easier for controllers to apply for jobs. Here's the address to the swedish ANS provider:

Air Navigation Services
LFV Group
S-601 79 Norrköping

http://www.lfv.se/templates/LFV_LFIStart____4472.aspx

On the link you can find further information.

Looking forward to seing you add addresses and information.

SINGAPURCANAC
28th Jan 2008, 06:55
At www.canso.org you will find many of ANS providers, toghether with CAAs and links to companies that are looking for ATCOs.
LFS still reqiures swedish language or you finally change it?

Ricky Gervais
28th Jan 2008, 07:48
SINGAPURCANAC:

Well, ANS' business plan for 2008-2010 says that english shall be the working language not later than 2010. And I think they're trying to speed up the process as ANS (like all other providers) is lack of personnel.

Furthermore the swedish government has decided to convert LVF Group from a government department into two corporations owned by the government. One will run the airports and the other one will run the ANS. This is to perform better in the competition in Europe.

The benefits are good in Sweden. If we are on parental leave our employer compensates us up to 90% of our salary, and you get for 390 days. The salary is getting better and better. Our latest deal, last summer, gave us a increase by some 45% and it will be more next time.

And don't forget that we have the most beautiful women in the world!

Great link you added, btw. Looking forward to more links not added there. ANS providers in southeast Asia would be great.

SINGAPURCANAC
28th Jan 2008, 15:04
My personal experience,
If you can't find something on net within 1 min or so leave it as idea. It is not worth.
It is very interesting : You are the second person from the North asking for infos about ANSPs in south Asia, this week. It is seems that it is so good at the North of Europe that whole Scandinavia will move to South East Asia.:ok:
P.S. It wouldn't change my mind about Scandinavia. The very first countries.:D

Ricky Gervais
30th Jan 2008, 08:15
SINGAPURCANAC:

Hehe, I guess the rain, cold and wind up here is driving us all crazy. Sweden is, in many ways, one of the wealthiest countries of the world, but the weather is definitely not top class. But at least I'm not living in the "snow belt" of this country. Here's more like England/Scotland, but nevertheless the Middle East or Southeast Asia would be a lot better for a man like me. As far as I'm concerned, the cold and the snow belongs to the Alpes. Give me 50 cm of powder, and I'll bear with the cold and the snow.

SINGAPURCANAC
31st Jan 2008, 14:19
Ricky Gervais,
I am changing 50 cm of powder snow for Second Hand SAAB 9.3!:)

If you really want to change climate than procedure is simple:
Apply for job at ME!
But I think that you will post again during summer asking for something else.
this issue has been evaluating many times at those pages and no one has given next option:
Good job-excellent climate! :=

niknak
31st Jan 2008, 14:37
In the UK there's an old saying "The Grass is always Greener on the other side".
In other words, would you be prepared to give up everything you have to risk going to another country to do the same job there?

In the UK, ATC is, relatively, very well paid, we generally have very good terms and conditions, lots of time off and the industry is well regulated and well protected from a legal point of view.
There will of course, be people in the industry here, who will claim that perhaps we are over regulated and that management interfere too much in their operational lives.
What they forget is that if they don't like it they can move to another unit and earn much the same and have much the same life style, whereas if they could move outside the UK, they would have to work very hard to achieve the same.

There are UK ATCOs who have moved to Canada, the middle east, a few other places and have been very happy with their move, equally there are an equal number who try it and realise it's been a big mistake.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't try to realise your asperations, but you should be fully aware of the implications of what is ahead of you before you give it all up at home.