PDA

View Full Version : Bristol based FI. Where to try for a job?

ramshorn
27th Jan 2008, 11:38
Hi.

I'm just about to start an FI rating which I'm hoping to be finished by the beginning of March. I have a home in Bristol and to avoid excessive outgoings for mortgage and rent I would like to stay within commuting distance of airfield I would be based at. By commuting distance I refer to no more than about 1-1.5 hours journey each way. This could potentially reach up to as far as places such as White Waltham to the east and possibly exeter in the south west. I just wanted to get some advice or any recommendations people may want to give on schools to try.
I also have in laws that live in Cambridge. This is another option as I have been offered accommodation there if I was to get work in that area.
I'm under the impression that most FI's start on a part time basis so I would be looking to try and work around getting 2 part time jobs if its going to be possible?!:confused:
Any advice or job leads would be gratefully received!:ok:
Thankyou

BlueRobin
27th Jan 2008, 13:33
This might be a good start in finding phone numbers of schools near you
http://www.flyer.co.uk/directory/

Off the top of my head BFC are at Lulsgate whilst Aeros operate from Filton/Staverton.

mad_jock
27th Jan 2008, 13:34
Chatting to the guys at Filton they were looking for FI's preferably unrestricted but the worse they can say is no.

The CFI there seemed to be a very professional gentleman when I was chatting to him a month or so ago while on a split.

Squawk 2650
28th Jan 2008, 14:40
I think Old Sarum in Salisbury is looking for instructors.

Good luck with the course.

S
:cool:

holdontight
28th Jan 2008, 18:32
The CFI there seemed to be a very professional gentleman when I was chatting to him a month or so ago while on a split.

Well, I'm not sure about that but I'm the one mentioned.

Drop me a PM

VCR
2nd Feb 2008, 09:42
Aeros at Gloucester have lost a couple of instructors recently, might be worth approaching them.

N.HEALD
4th Feb 2008, 21:09
Exeter Flying Club are currently recruiting and travel from Bristol's not too far

breakscrew
7th Feb 2008, 15:45
Have you tried the Bristol and Wessex Aero Club or the Bristol Flight Centre. They are next door to each other at Lulsgate, on the far side of the airfield to the passenger terminals etc. Good luck.