PDA

View Full Version : Noise Abatement Procedures

Long D
26th Jan 2008, 15:14
Hi, will someone be kind to answer me. Is it mandatory to follow a noise abatement procedure in case of a missed approach. All that I read shows to comply with the procedure during departure.

Thanks

Long D

Dream Land
26th Jan 2008, 15:32
OK, I'll bite, who really cares, but I'm guessing that if it isn't noted on the approach chart it would be very hard to enforce in a court of law. :}

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
26th Jan 2008, 19:08
At busy airfields the go-around procedure will probably put separation before noise abatement. Some go-around instructions are "as directed by ATC" and these almost certainly will not take account of any noise abatement requirements.

Goldfish Jack
27th Jan 2008, 03:57
Surely a missed approach is an abnormal procedure? The noise abatement procedures are designed for norman departures.

A missed app cannot be interpreted as a departure.

Unless noise abatement procedures are defined in the MAP I dont see why you should have to comply with them. You gonna have your hands busy flying the a/c when you go around, the last thing you want to worry about is another procedure

CAP493
27th Jan 2008, 14:06
Hi, will someone be kind to answer me. Is it mandatory to follow a noise abatement procedure in case of a missed approach.
As far as the UK is concerned, no.

Follow the published missed approach procedure unless ATC gives you alternative instructions. :ok:

Long D
27th Jan 2008, 19:21
Thank you guys so much for the information. Is it stated officially any where?

Long D