PDA

View Full Version : Need for a flight test after control repair?

savio3
25th Jan 2008, 10:49
Aircraft in our fleet the other day had repair to it's spoiler away from base. When repaired the Captain demanded a flight test. He has now been hassled that it wasn't required. He is quoting ANR rules but the Aircraft is registered in an EU country under JAA.
What is the rule and where can I find it?

stankou
25th Jan 2008, 12:21
You can find the test flights rules and conditions in the chapter 5 of the approved maintenance schedule program of your company. each company has her own policy regarding test flight. That MSP is based on the A/C maker of your aircraft and approved by your autority.
hope that will help you.
stank'

IFixPlanes
25th Jan 2008, 13:11
What is the rule and where can I find it?
LH have a FTM (Flight Test Manual).

We do flight test in conjunction with flight controls only after work on primary flight control surface.
No need to do it after work on spoilers.

Ingo

9Haviator
1st Feb 2008, 20:37
With regards to your question, It all depends on the Company's SOP's.

For example the company I work for have a standard SOP that after certain maintainance a test flight has to be made.

Meaning that if hydraulic system had to be serviced or replaced a test flight has to be carried out. The other day bearings from the DHC8 apparently got broken and the propellar was out of balance. They had to take the propellar out re-assemble it with the new parts and of for a test flight.

my 2 cents..

Bowie.

airsupport
1st Feb 2008, 23:22
We do flight test in conjunction with flight controls only after work on primary flight control surface.

No need to do it after work on spoilers.

This is certainly the case everywhere I have ever worked. :ok: