PDA

View Full Version : Hellas Jet operates with 3 cabin crew

luton
25th Jan 2008, 10:32
An HELLAS JET AIRCRAFT OPERATING FOR OLYMPIC AIRWAYS DEPARTS WITH 3 CABIN CREW AGAINST REGULATIONS. PIC IS THE COMPANY CHIEF PILOT.ANYONE WITH MORE INFO ABOUT THAT?:D

Penworth
25th Jan 2008, 10:36
What aircraft type was it and what was its seating configuration?

luton
25th Jan 2008, 11:26
guys the Hellas Jet airplane has 168 seats so its against company and JAR regulations

AltFlaps
25th Jan 2008, 11:39
No its not !
There are clear regulations that allow the number of cabin crew to be reduced by one (only) to get back to a cabin crew base. They would have had to reduce the number of used seats by an amount (type specific)

luton
25th Jan 2008, 14:43
I agree with you altflaps but this flight was out of athens which is their base.

airseb
25th Jan 2008, 14:55
out of base or not doesn't change anything:

minimum cc is one per door (real door not escape door) and one per 50 pax.

homebase or not

seb

Airbourne-Adamski
25th Jan 2008, 15:01
As far as Iam aware you can operate below minimum crew only as long as pax numbers do not excede 1 crew member per 50 pax.

So if Hellas aircraft can seat 168 and went with 3 crew they could only have carried a maximum of 150

Mr @ Spotty M
25th Jan 2008, 15:39
Where do you get that figure of one per door airseb?
So on a B757 or A321 with 6 doors plus 2 emergency that makes it 6 cabin crew.
Hell l better tell my company we are in the Sh**.
I have always been told its 1 cabin crew member per 50 seats, hence the orange airline has 3 on B737s and 4 on A319s.
Please tell me if l have my facts wrong.:=

airseb
25th Jan 2008, 15:57
sorry my fault it's one per door pair (and still talking about real doors, not emergency). so it's two cc minimum for A320 or 737.

seb

luvly jubbly
25th Jan 2008, 17:00
IEM OPS 1.990. Number and Composition of Cabin Crew. See JAR-OPS 1.990.

1. The Authority may require an increased number of cabin crew members in excess of the requirements of JAR-OPS 1.990 on certain types of aeroplane or operations. Factors which should be taken into account include:
a. The number of exits;
b. The type of exits and their associated slides;
c. The location of exits in relation to cabin crew seats and the cabin layout;
d. The location of cabin crew seats taking into account cabin crew duties in an emergency evacuation including:
i. Opening floor level exits and initiating stair or slide deployment;
ii. Assisting passengers to pass through exits; and
iii. Directing passengers away from inoperative exits, crowd control and passenger flow management;
e. Actions required to be performed by cabin crew in ditchings, including the deployment of slide-rafts and the launching of life-rafts.

2. When the number of cabin crew is reduced below the minimum required by JAR - OPS 1.990, for example in the event of incapacitation or non-availability of cabin crew, the procedures to be specified in the Operations Manual should result in consideration being given to at least the following:
a. Reduction of passenger numbers;
b. Re-seating of passengers with due regard to exits and other applicable aeroplane limitations; and
c. Relocation of cabin crew and any change of procedures.

Dysag
25th Jan 2008, 18:45
JAR-OPS 1.990 Subpart O says that in unforseen circumstances the minimum number of cabin crew may be reduced as long as the number of pax has also been reduced.

Admiral346
25th Jan 2008, 19:39
Airseb is perfectly right:

One per 50 pax
One per exit pair (excluding emergency exit windows)

So mnm for A320/B737 with not more than 100 pax is 2

Nic

Mr @ Spotty M
25th Jan 2008, 20:47
We had this discussion years back when Easyjet brought the A319, with the extra seating.
The B737 operates with minimum 3 cabin crew due 149 pax seats, A319 operates with minimum 4 cabin crew due 156 seats.
Discussion was only 7 more pax for one extra crew member, told that no problem you can still operate with 3 crew member by keeping loads below 151.
This was a no no because it is seats fitted not bums on seats that counts, only relaying which was posted a few years back.