PDA

View Full Version : Lapsed Licence *instructor/examiner Help Needed*

bluenose81huskys
24th Jan 2008, 19:31
Hi to all,

My uk PPL JAR licence has expired and I have lapsed by coming up 3 years due to various commitments, however I am now in a position to restart - I have just updated/upgraded my lapsed class 2 medical and completed my CLASS 1 at Gatwick and all went well! - My next step is to get my lapsed licence on the ball again and then complete my ATPL Distance learning course whilst I am offshore doing 2 weeks on 2 weeks off on the oil rigs.

What I would like to know is: I will have to complete a few hours with an instructor again and then take a retest with an examiner, Whilst I am with an Instructor to get back into the swing of things can I complete my night Rating as part of my hours Getting back up and flying again or will I have to do Days and then Take test, and then complete my 5 hours night rating?????

All help much appreciated!

Richie

Duchess_Driver
24th Jan 2008, 22:40
Richie,

Your requirements to regain your SEP rating are 'training as requried' followed by an LPC/Skills test with an examiner. Depending upon how you feel, this could be anywhere from none (not recommended!) to lots (unlikely!).

As for the night rating, there is no stipulation in the rules to say that the five hours have to be post licence issue. Therefore, if you wanted to, you could complete your night rating (apart from the solo bits) whilst 're-training'.

Personally, I'd concentrate on getting back in the saddle in daytime VFR and build up experience/confidence before taking on the night rating. One step at a time.

HTH

homeguard
25th Jan 2008, 13:09
To clarify an error.

As a current medical holder then Richie may also be authorised by his Instructor for the solo element of the night qualification training prior to undertaking his SEPL rating renewal test.