View Full Version : Tiger Moth Conversion Bursary

Rusty Tack
23rd Jan 2008, 12:09
Ever wanted to convert to the de Havilland Tiger Moth? Well here is your chance! The de Havilland Educational Trust (deHET) set up in 2006 is offering you the chance to apply for a flying bursary to learn to master this historic aircraft.

Each year deHET will award a maximum of two bursaries to fund ten hours flying on de Havilland Tiger Moth aircraft at the Cambridge Flying Group (CFG) or at an alternative establishment/location subject to agreement. The bursaries are to enable licensed pilots to convert onto the de Havilland Tiger Moth, with the aim of providing a new and continuing stream of experience for the operation of vintage aeroplanes.

All they want is for you to be a current UK licence holder (any class) for a powered aircraft with a minimum of 75 hours pilot in command.

Interested?

For more information and an application form, contact Stuart McKay MBE, Secretary, de Havilland Educational Trust (deHET), Staggers, 23 Hall Park Hill, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 2NH

Closing date for completed forms is 31 March 2008 .

The de Havilland Educational Trust is a Registered Charity No 1117043

mothflyer
23rd Jan 2008, 12:44
What a stunning idea and a great chance to fly such a wonderful aeroplane.

As soon as I completed my PPL I started to convert on to the Tiger and loved every minute. I have 100hrs on various Tigers now, and still love the man/machine feeling the Tiger allows one to feel. It's a challenge in any sort of breezy conditions but teaches you alot of respect and coordination!

Worth applying I'd say! :ok:

Rusty Tack
23rd Jan 2008, 20:54
Whoops! I forgot the email address!

Contact the Trust at [email protected] for further information and bursary application forms!

Sorry!

DBisDogOne
26th Jan 2008, 12:24
Bugger, I only have about 55hours PIC to date, :( I'd love to do this though but won't have 75hrs PIC by the cut-off date. Is it running every year? If so I'm definatley up for it next year as I've always (OK only for the last thirty years) had the desire to fly old biplanes.

Rusty Tack
26th Jan 2008, 22:54
The aim is to have a Fiona McKay Bursary awarded every year, last year being the first awarded, so please do try again next year!...

Last year produce a large number of applicants of various aviation backgrounds and experiences, so even if you do not qualify this year, it is always worth contacting the Trust to make sure you are one of the first to get the 2009 application forms! :D

DBisDogOne
27th Jan 2008, 09:28
Cheers RT, good idea, I will certainly go for it next time but I'll contact them anyway as you suggest.:ok: (That's cheered me up as I sit in the workshop looking out of the window on a beautiful flying day......:*).

Rusty Tack
1st Feb 2008, 13:56
Keep up the good work everybody! Applications coming in thick and fast! Remember the closing date for receipt of applications is March 31st 2008 (thats a Monday!). So good luck everybody and keep going!

Rusty Tack
25th Feb 2008, 12:42
Closing date of Bursary applications is MONDAY 31ST MARCH 2008

Application forms and further information available from [email protected]

Forms also available to download from www.dhmothclub.co.uk (http://www.dhmothclub.co.uk) Click on the deHET logo (bottom left on first page)

Why not have a go anyway?.....

:ok: