PDA

View Full Version : LX-TLD

CargoRat2
15th Jun 2001, 01:11
It moved. I left LUX 130915Z, returned 141615Z. In that time "Fat Albert" (as I've heard you CargoLion people call it) moved from P5 to right in front of CLX's maintenance hangar. Apparently to be sold at auction next week.

------------------
rgds Rat

LGL737
15th Jun 2001, 01:35
Hey Rat !!!

So are you gonna be at the auction and bid for it. First bid from me. 500,- LUF.(oh that was my bid for the 747SP, if that goes on auction)
I thought "fat Albert" was the nickname for the 737 when it first came way back. It's that DC-10 you're talking about is'nt it?? Maybe that one is a little more than 500,- LUF worth
rgds
LGL

edited for correction,started talking about something else as you might see

[This message has been edited by LGL737 (edited 14 June 2001).]

Dark Skies
15th Jun 2001, 04:10
Hey!! It owes me money so I want some of that!!
Hope BeePee, Is OK where ever he is!

As for bids, I I would rather an A300 but the 10 is a good ship.

Nice that your back CR2
Take it Easy,

Dark Skies

------------------
Remember' Freight is the Hunter'

CargoRat2
15th Jun 2001, 12:29
My guess is that the -SP will have its engines removed & then be broken up for scrap.

------------------
rgds Rat

wheelchock
15th Jun 2001, 17:03
Funny 'Fat Albert' is getting sold,especially when CargoLion never owned the a/c.Maybe this is the bank which went Ch 11 in the US?

Sidetone
15th Jun 2001, 22:53
'Fat Albert' is the 737,,, it came out when the Bill Cosby cartoon show was on the air,,,, there was this fat kid that just 'Love to play Tackle' ( US tackle football,, ya, the big guys have and advantage)...some Cargo Lion people may have refered to it that way but they should be corrected.. They must have been '8' drivers.

To the '8' drivers, that 10 was called "The Kiss of Death"

'I got 500Lf,,, who will give me 1000?'

CargoRat2
16th Jun 2001, 11:30
Just out of interest. What kind of shape is the aircraft in maintenance-wise? Hasn't flown for a while so it'll have the usual little snags. Was it considered a "good" aircraft, or a "dog"?

------------------
rgds Rat

wheelchock
16th Jun 2001, 14:11
CargoRat,
Yes, from what i heard from the 10 crews, it's a very nice aircraft indeed.However it needs a c-check.Don't know what the status of the a/c is now.Is TLB still parked in the same spot?

LGL737
16th Jun 2001, 18:37
Hey,

It has been moved back to P5 again. Dont know when they did that, but it was at P5 when I was there today.

rgds

LGL

CargoRat2
16th Jun 2001, 19:33
Yep LG737, you're right. Just drove past it 10 mins ago (back from shopping with Mrs Rat & Junior Rat :mad: - that's tonight's beer credits gone). Back on P5.
TLB is still parked right in front of the VIP entrance. Quite a sight during the EU ministerial meetings, seing this -8 surrounded by Gs, Hawkers etc etc.
Anyone know the story on that? Who owns it & whats going to happen to it?

------------------
rgds Rat

wheelchock
17th Jun 2001, 15:10
TLB is owned by the bank.The bank can't do much with it, unless it stays LX or EU regstrd.Funny how a Stage III aircraft changes noise output after it changes registration.Another brilliant EU rule.So not sure what's going to happen with that a/c.Rumour has it that the EU is forced to eas up on the Stage III hushed aircraft, after Burbank's recent court case.So maybe this a/c will fly again in the EU some day.

[This message has been edited by wheelchock (edited 17 June 2001).]

CargoRat2
26th Jun 2001, 20:18
Heard this morning that TLD should leave on Friday. Have to get the details from a pal in the Nav office; who's going to fly it?
TLB may be moved onto TLD's spot on P5, failing that, dumped next to the SP.

------------------
rgds Rat

alapt
26th Jun 2001, 23:15
Keep on guessing guys, but it will fly very soon.........

Engineer
27th Jun 2001, 00:02
Alapt

Maybe you will be in with a job soon on friday say

Oh sorry to hear about the nips bad hair day. Good luck

The Guvnor
27th Jun 2001, 14:18
I understand that the DC10 belongs to Finova, which is in about as much trouble as Cargolion.

As for the DC8s ... word on the street is that Farhad Azima may well pick them up...

wheelchock
27th Jun 2001, 15:24
Guvnor,
What street is that?B.S. Street?Or Rue De Celtic?

Mach.99
27th Jun 2001, 18:17
Air Cargo News, 15Jun01 Edition 466
Article
"Cargo Lion's Trail of debts"

Cheers

Engineer
28th Jun 2001, 18:16
Alapt
No more guessing where are you and K flying it to then Has it been sold?

alapt
30th Jun 2001, 11:58
Yes, it has flown. The last flight operated by Cargo Lion has been done http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif
We flew the 10 to Nimes on Thursday. The STORY is that it will have a "C" check and gear change before being delivered to DAS.....on the 5th of Aug.
(The Gov should have a nice comment on this)
As for Phenoix, well lets just say they are rumours for now...... spoke to BP and nothing was said!! Pretty standard stuff considering the **** he is in right now.

Thats it thats all folks, the lion is definately dead and burried.

As for Azima and company, they are a bunch of schysters anyway, especially with the gang he has working for him. As for the 8's they (the banks)are definately trying to keep them LX registered, but that's a diffent story all together....
Regards to all.....

Mach.99
30th Jun 2001, 14:58
Hi there Alapt,
Just curious who was on your left KJ or KM.

Rgds
Mach.99

Engineer
30th Jun 2001, 15:42
Mach.99
Insider told me KM sure alapt will confer

alapt
30th Jun 2001, 23:17
That's right K.M. and M.B. We are now the only current DC-10 crews in Lux......
Any jobs.....
Regards

Mach.99
2nd Jul 2001, 23:22
Well no jobs for the moment.

I think that possibilities out of Lux look much realistic,...the two National Employers (Luxair and Cargolux) do not seam interested in CargoLion People...some very qualified people applied and went to interviews for nothing....I wonder Why...Protectionism...or....?
It is curious that during some interviews the interviewer were focused on CargoLion's activities rather than certifying the applicant credentials for the job in question:
- Yes, CargoRat2 it happened to me with your Company, about 1,5 year ago.

Maybe CargoRat2 can give us some
clues...as far as jobs in Lux...for the Lion Club Members?

Alapt, maybe you can get a job with W.A. like K.J., no?

Best Regards and
Keep Looking Boys

[This message has been edited by Mach.99 (edited 02 July 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Mach.99 (edited 02 July 2001).]

CargoRat2
3rd Jul 2001, 17:28
CV is not hiring people at the moment. I think all companies in general are being very cautious due to the downturn in the market. Its affecting everyone, LH/KL/AF etc etc.

------------------
rgds Rat

Stratocaster
9th Jul 2001, 14:21
If you folks are REALLY desperate to find a job on the -10 take your car and drive NW for about 3 hrs. Once downtown, get in contact with "Fabulous Henry"...

Many of his guys just dumped him for ASA and he's in deep **** . 'Talked to him but he's almost about to hang himself. He created a subsidiary airline in the Mediterranean area, put 2 planes over there, but those guys declared their independance and told him to go screw himself. So there he is, shutting down his Belgian company (all his plans to get an AOC went down the tube one after another), which leaves him with 2 to 3 airplanes (all AOG) and an empty box of Prozac.

This man is obviously looking for friends...
:D

alapt
10th Jul 2001, 11:36
Well more details would be very much appreciated for us unemployed 10 drivers.
WAITING FOR YOUR SECRET NUMBERS....
Regards

Stratocaster
15th Jul 2001, 11:11
Ok, but you were warned ! :D http://users.skynet.be/airline.skyjet/

Their website is a bit of a mess, but that's the way it goes up there....

One of your collegues is already there, and even K.J. was interested to join them, I believe.
:eek:

alapt
15th Jul 2001, 11:34
I haven't heard anything good from this outfit??!! Few freinds are in training right now, free training that is, for Skyjet. That's right NO PAY.....during training!
But they will get 50 Euros per hour when, and if they fly.
So, with nothing else in sight for now, some drivers will be seriously considering this possibility, including myself!! Oh god....
Keep the blue side up

Loc-out
15th Jul 2001, 13:46
Any 10 drivers out of work should try Omega Air, Dublin, if you are desperate. :p :p

alapt
16th Jul 2001, 01:37
Could not find anything on the net for OMEGA AIR!! Got any numbers for us?? I know a few drivers that would be very happy.
Regards

The Guvnor
16th Jul 2001, 16:03
Omega's website is www.omegaair.ie (http://www.omegaair.ie) - however, the DC10-40s are handled by Ten Forty Corp. As far as I'm aware, they don't do any wet leases and therefore are not looking for any DC10 drivers at the moment.