PDA

View Full Version : DEsperate!!!!!!!!

sawaya
22nd Jan 2008, 12:08
Hi guys and girls, i am in a flying school in switzerland and i am the only student i am currently doing my ME IR,i have been having difficulties in navigation the basics QDR and QDm,is it a common problem i am doomed to be a pilot,i do everything well ie single engine operations,approches its just that bit of where am ie in relation to the hold,am i a fool or is it a common problem please help because i have no students to talk about this issue. thanks

llanfairpg
22nd Jan 2008, 12:21
I have seen more skills check failures or cock ups due to poor situational awareness concerning the hold and non precision approaches than any other area.

While in the hold you must have a mental picture of the hold and its orientation in relation to the runway. You can practice 'getting the picture' by drawing out patterns with 3 different entries at different locations requiring both left and right hand patterns. You can also just picture it in your mind.
You could also of course use the Microsoft sim programe. Whatever way you use you can be sure if you cannot picture it on the ground you will not picture it in the air.

sawaya
22nd Jan 2008, 13:51
that is the exact problem that i have situational awareness

sawaya
22nd Jan 2008, 13:54
that is the exact problem that i have situational awareness,to the holding area i try to use the holding pattern computer,is it allowed to be used during the IR sim check. thanks

kwachon
22nd Jan 2008, 14:32
This site has many good rules of thumb and memory joggers that should help you.

http://www.scenery.org/faq_aviation.htm

Whopity
24th Jan 2008, 18:32
The needle tells you everything. Here you will find some software that allows you to see and practice holds http://www.oddsoft.co.uk/

harsh_bhandari
26th Jan 2008, 03:06
naa... thats not a problem..... just go to your instructor and ask him to help.....coz these things comes of by practice.....just get your head into it until you get the perfection.:ugh:...anywaz which school are you in switzerland......now i ll appreciate if you reply to my question....:ok: