PDA

View Full Version : JAR Licence - JAR FI req for Flight review?

Biggles66
21st Jan 2008, 23:12
Just recently moved to Australia but wish to maintain my Swiss JAR PPL Licence for which a flight review is due before April.
I appear to be unable to find a JAA FI in the Sydney area (the closest being in Perth - several thousands k's away). Is there any ruling with JAR that says the Flight Review (1 hr) has to be with a JAA Instructor, wouldn't an Aussie one do? And if so, what would I tell the Swiss authority as on the phone they suggested it had to be a JAA one?

Cheers for any comments on this.

Whopity
24th Jan 2008, 07:37
There is one in Adelaide and another in Tasmania. Alternatively there could be the odd visiting airline pilot.

Biggles66
24th Jan 2008, 20:44
Cheers! That would be at least a bit closer, I'll look into it. I had also thought of the airline pilot but am challenged to find out who is coming here.
Any BA/VS (or any other airline/bizjet of course ;-) ) pilots (with FI rating..) out there heading to Sydney who fancy a flight around the area?

Whopity
25th Jan 2008, 14:28
Mike Gill in Adelaide and John Boxer Tasmania. The school at Perth should have contact details.

PiperTyro
15th Oct 2008, 04:27
Hi guys - I have same problem but I'm living in Perth. Please could you give me your Perth contact details?

Thanks
PT

Whopity
15th Oct 2008, 23:26
WA Aviation College (http://www.waaviationcollege.com.au/)

Talk to the JAA CFI, he should be able to point you in the right direction.

DeltaT
16th Oct 2008, 01:25
maybe a hop over to Hamilton, NZ, might be cheaper? (CTC)

Whopity
19th Oct 2008, 08:34
Spoke to Mike Gill the other day, he is still an examiner, living in Adelaide; I gather CFI at WAAC Perth is also a JAA Examiner