View Full Version : Hour Building In California

jono1978
19th Jan 2008, 20:53
Hi,

Has anyone got any experience hour building in California?

Would like some recommendations for a FTO where I can hire a PA28 to build up some hours, also need to do my night rating too if possible.

Thanks

John

ifitaintboeing
19th Jan 2008, 20:58
Not hour building but flying. As mentioned on the LA thread, try Rolling Hills Aviation at KTOA. They have a couple of well kitted out C172s and an instructor who is English. They are well versed with foreign licences.

Starting to sound like an advert...

Regards,

ifitaint...

Ian_Wannabe
20th Jan 2008, 10:31
anglo american aviation - I had a bad ride with them. PM if you want to know why (not into message board slagging off)

Blue Albatross
20th Jan 2008, 17:44
Give the guys a call in Attitude Aviation in Livermore, CA. It's about an hours car ride away from SFO.

They have a HUGE toy box of planes availble to rent, including Pitts and some excellent Decathalons and Citabrias if you're thinking of getting your tailwheel conversion, aswell as the usual C172's.

A friend and I went there to do our tail-wheel conversions and then rented a C172 from them for 10 days to go flying around California, Las Vegas and Grand Canyon. They were very friendly, VERY professional (owner used to fly U2's for the CIA) and very helpful.

englishal
24th Jan 2009, 08:11
California Flight Center (http://www.californiaflightcenter.com/fleet.php) have some nice aeroplanes.