PDA

View Full Version : Instructor - Maximum Hours Per Year

fireflybob
17th Jan 2008, 01:14
It was suggested to me today that there is a maximum of 600 hours instructing which may be conducted per year but I am not aware of any legislation to this effect - talking about UK here, remunerated instruction.

Can anyone please verify this or not - thanks for any help.

Another_CFI
17th Jan 2008, 07:28
See ANO Article 84 which specifies the maxima for both a 28 day period and for a twelve month period.

fireflybob
17th Jan 2008, 09:14
Not in my ANO but yes there is the usual max 100 hours in 28 days, 900 hours in a year, limit for flight crew but is there is a specific maximum for flying instruction - as I said before 600 hours has been quoted but I have asked the person concerned to provide a reference!

LFS
17th Jan 2008, 09:28
As far as I am aware there is certainly no 600 hour restriction. Use to work at an FTO and the CAA never commented on the instructors doing more than 600 hours.

BillieBob
18th Jan 2008, 08:23
There is no specific limit on an instructor's hours (whether instructional or not)other than those already quoted from the ANO. However, in the case of approved training, JAR-FCL requires that "The maximum flying hours, maximum flying duty hours and minimum rest time between instructional duties of instructors shall be acceptable to the Authority."Flying duty periods and flight time limitations for flying instructors should be included in the approved Operations Manual and it is up to the FTO to ensure that these limits are not exceeded.

BigEndBob
19th Jan 2008, 06:31
I was told off once by a CAA inspector because of doing more than 100 hours in 28 days...

"eh by gum those wer the days!"

Duchess_Driver
19th Jan 2008, 14:08
....ooops!

Sorry, your Honour! Won't happen again...(not with the weather we're having at the moment, anyway!)