PDA

View Full Version : Irish ATC overtime ban

beamwidth
16th Jan 2008, 19:19
reported on RTE News

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0116/airport.html

The Jolly Roger
16th Jan 2008, 22:15
Lets get behind these lads and support em...It was gonna happen...Oh the fun starts!!!!!

Yahweh
17th Jan 2008, 08:43
Jolly Roger,

Is this overtime ban in effect in Dublin only or is Shannon and Cork affected also :confused:

rocky01
17th Jan 2008, 09:53
Now that the horse has bolted, so to speak, I think we can kiss goodbye to any chance of a job, 'till this mess is sorted...:rolleyes:

The IAA can't say they didn't see this coming...:uhoh:

Good luck to the Unions in their endeavours...

Sylvester
"own nav is best"

Handover
17th Jan 2008, 10:49
Would'nt say that rocky. Would say that if anything you'll be getting a phone call sooner rather than later.

By all accounts Shannon have rowed in behind. Don't know about Cork.

Dublin will hit them on the airwaves, Shannon in their pockets! Interesting times.

alwaysmovin
20th Jan 2008, 08:32
Rocky even the Irish news is reporting that the IAA have stated that they are recruiting experienced controllers in the coming months so don't despair yet.
Ironic though as earlier they had released a statment to say they were not short staffed........

54north15west
21st Jan 2008, 20:13
Ironic though as earlier they had released a statment to say they were not short staffed........ Nothing ironic about it...its a bearfaced lie:mad:..in one sentence they say "no staff shortage" but to expect possible delays..if they have adaquate atco numbers then why the reason for delays/flow control...pr stunt form the IAA:}

alwaysmovin
21st Jan 2008, 21:32
54n15w.....I was being sarcastic. Unfortunately I am all too aware of the lies the IAA tell